PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

meganmorgan
12-01-09, 00:36
I am plagued with anxieties about the health of my two children (aged 3 and 1). When the eldest was born it was quite subtle but when my youngest was born it magnified considerably. About 6 months or so ago my youngest had a febrile convulsion (more since) and although they are (in theory) harmless enough and she should grow out of them within about 5 years, I have since been filled with panic. Every time that she is remotely ill I feel the anxiety building up and up until I am in a complete state. My head is full of worse-case scenarios that I can't shake, even though deep-down I know that I'm being irrational. I find myself sleeping on her (or my son's) bedroom floor at the drop of a hat. It's beginning to cause friction with my Husband and my family think that I'm neurotic. It doesn't help that my Nurse-training makes me over-analyse every little symptom. I don't feel like I can discuss this with my GP. I mentioned it when my little one was about 4 months old and every time that I've been in since (only a handful) the conversation begins ...... Ah, I see you have a history of anxiety and from there on I feel like nothing is taken seriously - which worries me because I'm frightened that something will be missed. If anybody has any advice, it would be most welcome - I'm new to all of this. Sorry to go on x

shaka
12-01-09, 01:01
Hi meganmorgan
I know how you feel when my son was two the same happen with him.
Iwas the very same as you watching him all the time .
He is now 21 .They do grow out off them i know right now it is hard for you
Your little girl will grow out off them
you will get lots of help and good advise on this site
Please try not to worry to much
best wishes
love shaka x

meganmorgan
12-01-09, 01:43
Thanks Shaka,

Rationally I know that you are right. But it's weird, the rational doesn't seem to come into it. I keep telling myself that there isn't anything seriously wrong with them but the anxiety still mounts and mounts. I'm really starting to freak myself out!

Alisonj
12-01-09, 02:24
My daughter had one about 6 months ok when she was alittle over a year old. My oldest daughter who is now 11 had them when she was younger as well. They are terrifying. But thankfully they are not serious and they do grow out of them. My youngest has had a few fevers since and has been ok.
Huge hugs, it is so hard not to worry about our children.