PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for a little something better than I have!

Mystical
12-01-09, 04:45
:welcome: The PENPAL scheme is really worthwhile; I well remember my sister and her list of penpals for all round the globe and this before the electric typewriter, let alone the personal computer, had become of common useage. She would sit for hours penning her thoughts, looking up quotations and phrases; poetry was her best asset and she used it wisely and well... her prose wasn't bad either. Quite often she'd send just the odd postcard - 'Not heard from you - anything amiss?' was all she put on them - nothing more. Sometimes she got a quick reply and other times a long lettered one. Seldom was her correspondence ignored, so happy were the pals she wrote to that she has chosen them as a penfriend. When asked why she did it, for I was always the curious one and in my sixties now I still am (sadly she's no longer on the planet)... she say.. 'Always hoping for a little something better than I have for in truth she really did have few friends!

Now I'm the same. Friends are so-called 'thin on the ground' and I too am that person hoping for a little something better than I have... and you know what... That 'little something' could be just a short email from YOU? Think about it. Read my profile... Ask me anything you wish to - within the rules of the site) and I'll do my best to answer your query, if that's what it is. But really I'm hoping for a little more than that and in truth, I think that you are too, or you wouldn't be reading this post. There's a favoured saying - "Never judge a book by it's cover!" I go along with that, whole-heartedly, but there's another also and it's this.... "Don't be put off by a few loose comments delivered in the spare of the moment... save the judgment till you really know the person." Yes I open my mouth or type in when it's not really called for, but who doesn't? That's what this site and particularly the chatrooom is all about. We all have issues, or we wouldn't be in there; but it also says that some just come in and observe the chat... they don't join in... I go along with that too; have too many shy people not to. But one way round it is to start by becoming a friend in words - in other words - being a PenPal. I hope that's givne you a head's start and you'll think about easing my loneliness, for that's my main issue - being alone at home. Yes, I've a carer but it's not the same. It's impersonal and they're only there when needed to assist with care issues. Here's hoping... Mystically yours.. Stu UK. :yesyes: