PDA

View Full Version : Went for a haircut!

Juliet
05-07-05, 14:20
Ok.Not a massive acheivment,but quite a step for me.I once had a huge panic attack in the hairdressers and since then I have had a bit of a 'thing' about it.I have really long naturally curly hair too so its not a quick job.

Anyway.I was fine.Dragged my mum with me mind (dont know if thats cheating or not).I felt a little bit of anxiety sitting there waiting to be seen,but I just kept telling myself that its me that causes a panic attack NOT the place/situation.Besides what was the worst thing that could happen?For me fainting....but I NEVER have fainted in 5 years...so why should I now.Anyway the little battle in my head went on for about 15 mins before the haircut and about 5 mins into it.Then as i was chatting and stuff.I completly frogot my anxieties and a weird thing happened....I enjoyed myself!!!

So.Thats about it really.Sorry to go on and on.I will be putting this experience in the memory bank and using it as an example for other situations. x

carlin
05-07-05, 14:27
Hi Juliet,
well done mate!! of course it's not cheating asking mum to go, nice girlie afternoon eh? and in my book, yes, this is a massive achievement, you faced your fears and done great! keep at it and keep in touch xxxxx

seh1980
05-07-05, 14:36
Well done Juliet!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

trac67
05-07-05, 14:55
Well done Juliet,
I was like that with my local supermarket, i had a panic attack there and the thought of ever going back completely freaked me out, like you i was scared i would faint. But one day i decided to give it another go and while i was there i felt fine, so it was just the actual thought of going again, not the actual being there that had got me anxious. and it is such a good feeling when you do it, makes you feel like you have accomplished something.
Hope things keep going well for you.
Take Care
Trac:D

Piglet
05-07-05, 14:57
Well done Juliet.

Mum or no mum you were still out there doing what you wanted/needed to do. Definately not cheating in my book!!

Well done and I hope your 'hairdo' looked fab!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
05-07-05, 16:16
I just kept telling myself that its me that causes a panic attack NOT the place/situation.Besides what was the worst thing that could happen?For me fainting....but I NEVER have fainted in 5 years...so why should I now

Fantastic Juliet - light bulb moment - cherish it !!

local supermarket, i had a panic attack there and the thought of ever going back completely freaked me out, like you i was scared i would faint. But one day i decided to give it another go and while i was there i felt fine, so it was just the actual thought of going again, not the actual being there that had got me anxious. and it is such a good feeling when you do it, makes you feel like you have accomplished something.

Trac - magic innit ..well done ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pips
05-07-05, 18:08
WELL DONE Juliet you did great!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

LisaS
05-07-05, 18:13
juliet,
well done honey.. i know where you're coming from! - i had my hair cut last weekend and was so worried about it!

well done!! pat yourself on the back!!

Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

nomorepanic
05-07-05, 20:01
Juliet

I hate the hairdressers too lol. I get mine done at home now but for the reasons of cost rather than panic lol, but I know how you feel!

Well done to you!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
05-07-05, 20:14
Well done Juliet. I also find it difficult going to the hairdressers because of anxiety, so it was a big deal for you. You did great!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
06-07-05, 08:08
WELL DONE Juliet

You did fandabby dossie

MANDIE XX