PDA

View Full Version : Hello - I'm new too

swajj
12-01-09, 12:36
Hi
just thought I'd start a thread to introduce myself. I'm female and live in Sydney Australia.

I first started experiencing panic attacks about 7 years ago. With the help of a psychiatrist I learned how to deal with my anxiety after a few months.

I suffer with health anxiety. There have been a lot of times when I have felt the anxiety returning but I have always managed to overcome it before it got out of control again. That is until the last couple of months. My mother died late last year and since then I have started experiencing health anxiety again. Well in my clearer moments I recognise it as health anxiety - the rest of the time I am convinced that I have some sort of fatal disease.

I'm glad I found this place and after reading some of the threads here I feel like I have come to a place with many like minded individuals. I don't feel quite so lonely. :)

Patty
12-01-09, 13:32
Hi Swajj, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here. I have found NMP so helpful in that other people can really understand how you're feeling.

Best wishes :flowers:

swajj
12-01-09, 13:39
Thanks for the welcome people.

I wish that I'd had somewhere like this to come 7 years ago. It wasn't until I started visiting the psychiatrist that I felt that someone really understood what I was thinking and feeling. My family were wonderful and supportive but they couldn't really relate to how I was feeling. I can't express how much better I feel since I started reading some of the threads here tonight. I think that I'm going to become a regular visitor here from now on.

PUGLETMUM
12-01-09, 13:43
:welcome: hi, glad you feel better now, im sure that you can make a full recovery:yesyes: and its much easier knowing your not alone:hugs:

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:35
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

robin321
24-07-15, 01:12
Lol