PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

MissMarlboroLites
12-01-09, 13:19
Hi everyone! Although I've been a member of NMP for about 2 months, I've only now got round to posting something so here goes...

I'm female and from Scotland and I'm 29. I've been suffering fro panic attacks and anxiety for about 2 years. I sought help initally about a year and a half ago but was stuck with a general issues counsellor which didn't help a great deal. However, at the beginning of last year, I tried again and managed to get in touch with an excellent CBT counsellor, who quickly diagnosed me with anxiety, specifically health anxiety. My anxiety centres on a health issue I had about 3 years ago which has left me nervous about certain situations.

Overall, I feel that the counsellor that I am still seeing has had an effect, as I now feel more in control of my panic than before, but I am determined to make a big push this year in an effort to get over anxiety and tackle what I still believe are big problems. Every visit to the counsellor uncovers more avenues of thinking (which I feel I do to much of) and I continue to feel that I am peeling away layers of the reasons for my panic.

Anyway, I am glad to find that there are others out there who have similar difficulties and I look forward to sharing experiences with others :)

MML

spaced
12-01-09, 13:23
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Patty
12-01-09, 13:36
Hi MML, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

PUGLETMUM
12-01-09, 13:53
:yesyes: hello, MissMarlboroLites:welcome:

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:34
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx