PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Harrison
12-01-09, 15:14
I am a 30 year old female who has been suffering from Anxiety for a couple of years now, i found this site whilst searching for information on yet another symptom:frown:
and i just can't believe how great this site is - it seems whatever symptoms i am having so are some of you - it is such a relief to know i am not alone :)
I hate going to the doctors as i always feel like they think i am wasting their time but the more i worry about a symptom the worse it gets and the more anxious i feel! and when i talk to people about it they just DONT understand and say "well don;t worry about it" :mad:

I constantly think that me or my partner is going to die - i lay awake most of the night to make sure he is breathing, whenever he goes out i sit waiting for him to come home and if he is a little late the most awful thoughts go through my head!
Then the chest pains start and the headaches and the dry throat!! :blush: i feel so silly sometimes and i KNOW i have to calm down but it is easier said than done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway - that's me :blush:
Hello to you all Sally xxxxxxxxxxxx

Derek
12-01-09, 15:35
hey Sally,

I'm new here also, found it whilst looking for a hip problem!! lol

You are certainly not alone, the problem is huge to not one that you should feel embarrassed about (i know thats hard!), i have suffered since i was 21 (37 now) and only now am i telling myself, well, teaching myself to live with it rather than fight it, i know the symptoms all too well and i will not take drugs for it, so the better or easier i can make it the better i'll be in the long run.

Hope today is being kind to you anyway.

Derek :yesyes:

KelzBelz
12-01-09, 16:46
Hello Sally i am also new here and i worry bout similar thing to you too. If my husband is late i worry and panic that something has happened to him.
Hope your well, Take care
Kelly xx

weeble40
12-01-09, 18:30
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Patty
12-01-09, 20:18
Hi Sally, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

spaced
12-01-09, 20:59
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Lindalou64
12-01-09, 22:05
Hello Sally And Welcome , Wish Ya Well, Linda

Harrison
13-01-09, 11:45
Thank you all for the warm welcomes :yesyes:
It is lovely to be here :)

sunshine-lady
14-01-09, 21:53
Hi Harrison and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. You are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin: