PDA

View Full Version : introduce myself

Flowercrazy62
05-07-05, 16:38
Hi there

My name is Bev am 47 . Was having panic attacks about 12 months ago was put on prozac but they did not help me. Was sent for thyroid test and was told had to have thyroid tablets for under active. My anxiety increased quite a lot and doc put me on beta blockers , have been on them for 8 months and have helped , but still experiencing anxiety.
This all started after the death of my mother 3 years ago.
I would love to chat with people who experience anxiety . I am just trying to get my confidence back so this will be a stepping stone for me .

Look foward to hearing from you soon

Bev

Meg
05-07-05, 17:10
Hi Bev,

Welcome to the site.

Have you had your thyroid checked since ?

Sorry to hear about the death of your Mum..

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
05-07-05, 17:13
Hi Bev

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Flowercrazy62
05-07-05, 17:21
Hi Meg

Yes had it checked and meds was increased. Have been taking new dose for 4 months but anxiety is still high.

seh1980
05-07-05, 17:34
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

trac67
05-07-05, 17:56
Hi Bev,
You will get a lot of helpful advice and support on here, and knowing that there are alot of other people who suffer with anxiety and panic attacks makes you feel like you are not alone.
Look forward to your posts.
Take Care,
Trac:D

clickaway
05-07-05, 18:12
Hi Bev,

Welcome to the site - I'm sure you'll find it useful and really supportive.

Any kind of loss just increases our anxiety and I'm sure you have done the right thing by coming on here.

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

nomorepanic
05-07-05, 18:26
Hi Bev

Welcome aboard the site and forum.

I too found that Prozac never helped the panic just the depression.

I am sure we can get you some on help on here so ask any questions you want to ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sueiamnew
05-07-05, 18:29
Welcome Bev

Sax
06-07-05, 06:53
Well done flowercrazy, you found it then! Cool, see you again soon in Chat!!!

Welcome aboard!

Sax

pinkscrumpy
06-07-05, 07:51
welcome to the site

Hope it help

[^][^][^]

MANDIE XX

florence
06-07-05, 15:13
Hi Bev

Welcome to the site, sorry to hear about your loss.. You'll find great support here.:)

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

pips
06-07-05, 18:21
A BIG warm welcome to the site hope it helps you on your road to recovery.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

sal
09-07-05, 23:02
Hi Bev

Great you have found this site and hope we can all help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

jill
11-07-05, 00:07
Hi Bev

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX