PDA

View Full Version : Diazpam

anx mum
12-01-09, 16:19
Just been 2 doctors and doc has reduced me from 12mg to 6mg hope i dont get any bad side affects

bearcrazy
12-01-09, 16:38
hi anx. have you been on a reduction programme which is carefully monitored. i had problems with addiction to diazepam and my gp was brilliant. we reduced it by 2mg a week. how long have you been on it.

lesleya
12-01-09, 18:28
Hi hun
I think its a bit naughty of your gp cutting your dose by half in one go as thats a big drop. Did you ask to come off them?
I was on them for over 15 yrs and was weaned very slowly to try and minimise the withdrawls.
It would depend on how long youve been on them as to whether you might have any withdrawls symptoms or not
Maybe you should have a word with your doctor again and ask him how many mgs hes going to wean you by each time you get a script...but he shouldnt be doing it drastically.
I hope you manage hun because its well worth it in the end if you can manage it.
Good luck
Lesley xx

louisa2983
14-01-09, 02:23
I really want to get some diazepam... I had some prescribed to me on holiday last year it was wonderful... Just knowing it was there was a massive help but he only prescribed me 10x 5mg and I have none left now..

I want to ask my gp for some, just for the real bad attacks like the one i am having now but am affraid that he will think i am a junkie as I know they can be addictive.....

pete69
21-01-09, 20:15
louisa,
im sure your gp wont think you are a junkie,he may surprise you,its worth asking him for a few for emergencys like you say.

and 5mg isnt a massive dose anyway.

good luck!