PDA

View Full Version : Carbon monoxide poisoning from cars

rosy
12-01-09, 17:44
Hi guys

I am wondering if, when one is walking along the road, one can inhale fumes from the cars going past and be affected by carbon monoxide poisoning which can cause dizziness? Does anybody know?

Rosy

Nechtan
12-01-09, 17:52
I thought about this before too. We used to keep the backroom windows of the flat open to air the house but some idiot with an old beat up mini bus sits for 20 minutes at a time revving his engine. You can taste the fumes and as my children's bedroom is at the back I got worried about this and we no longer keep them open.

Its probably OK though by a roadside. I think it would only be a problem if you were subject to the fumes in a confined space. I'm sure its not that healthy but probably the levels by the roadside are harmless. It would be interesting to see what everyone else thought though.

All the best

Necthan

jill
13-01-09, 15:42
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I don't feel that just walking along the road you can be effected by the fumes of a car to the point where its harmfull, if that was the case, ALL cars would be banned, would'nd thay?

I do have a story on this subject though.

A few years ago, I was trying to pack in the cigs. I was getting support from my local gps, (fag ends) every time I went, she would ask me to blow into something to test my carbon levels. The first week, GREAT, it was nothing, BUT, 8 weeks, YES, 8 weeks later she tested it and it was high, she asked me if I had, had a cig :ohmy: I had worked blinkin dame hard and had NOT HAD ANY cigs, she was shocked and went on to say.....

Have you been walking behind a BUS :shrug::roflmao:LOL

Mmm, yes I often do this to amuse myself, walk behind a bus:roflmao: LOL

I do feel, that we MAY, (note the word MAY) inhale some fumes, BUT, NOT to the point where it is dangerouse or it effects our health. As it has already been said, being in a confined space, this is when it can be harmfull.

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

anxious
13-01-09, 16:39
i used to walk along busy main roads holding my breath, but then i decided that wasn't a very healthy thing to do either :-)

rosy
13-01-09, 18:23
Hi guys

Thank you for all your replies, especially Jill's. Of course, they wouldn't allow cars at all if they poisoned us as we walked along.

Now, I am going to start worrying that I may get attacked, or run over, or ..... it's never ending.

Rosy