PDA

View Full Version : funny feeling in throat

conleche
12-01-09, 20:15
Hello

New here, have had what I can only describe as a strange sensation on one side of my throat, not inside like most people describe, but outside. I know I bring the sensation on myself and have been told that it is linked to anxiety and I have had this for quite a few years on and off. It actually get's worse when I am relaxed and last year I went to the doctor deciding I was going quite mad. I have been sent for CBT and have yet to really come to terms with this sensation. Whilst most people discuss having a lump in there throat, this is not exactly the same thing, but seems quite similar. my therapist stays it is anxiety and something i have to learn to live with, but this is not always helpful.
anyone get the same sensation as me.

bottleblond
12-01-09, 20:42
Hi there

Welcome along to NMP.

What you are describing does seem to be a common symptom of anxiety. I have had it many times myself and i know lots of others here have had the same.

Nice to meet you hun

Lisa
x

weeble40
12-01-09, 22:43
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Lindalou64
12-01-09, 23:05
Hello And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

sunshine-lady
14-01-09, 23:12
Hi and:welcome:to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you you are never alone

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin: