PDA

View Full Version : Lump on my neck

Vinny
13-01-09, 12:05
Hi Everyone
I've tried not to post on here for 3 weeks to see if I could manage on my own but my HA is really bad at the moment.
This all started again a few days when I was sat at my desk and was resting my hand on my throat and I suddenly felt a lump. I was so scared and keep on and on feeling it. It feels like a marble so I assumed it was a gland but it doesn't hurt!! I thought glands hurt??? I checked the other side and couldn't feel anything (I feel better if I find both sides of my body are the same if you know what I mean). The lump is just to the right of my adams apple. I'm a very slim female and so I guess I can feel lumps and bumps quite easly. Please, please could some of you check your throat/neck just above your adams apple and reassure me on this one. I've been worrying about it for days now :weep: . xx

tracy.splosh
13-01-09, 12:09
Hi Vinny

Just to reassure you, about 2 years ago i had exactly the same thing. It sent me sky high thinking the worst. Went to my dr and she assured me it was a gland and would go after a few weeks and it did. So please try not to worry as im sure it will go soon.

Tracy x

Vinny
13-01-09, 14:32
Thanks for you message Tracy. x

I'm still so worried, anyone else have this?

valleybear
13-01-09, 20:39
Hi hun, I have had this and swollen lymph nodes don't really hurt and usually stem from slight infection. Mine were caused be being so stressed that I picked holes in my scalp and so ......infection! Does not sound serious but as to you it is why don't ask Dr and he will reassure you. Stay strong.

Vicki08
13-01-09, 21:22
I have this lump too in exactly the same place as you. Mine doesnt hurt unless I push very hard on it.

x

curly_tom
13-01-09, 22:25
Hi Vinny,

I've had this loads of times, in fact as was reading your message I checked and I have a lump either side of my adams apple. I'm sure they're just glands that have come up a bit. It happens to me all the time, I get them on the back of my neck as well. Again, it doesn't hurt unless yu push on it or spend time messing with it.

Try not to worry....

Vinny
14-01-09, 16:25
Thanks Guys, I'm trying hard not to poke and prod anymore :-)

x