PDA

View Full Version : mirtazipine to prozac

Kurukulla
13-01-09, 19:02
Been to GP today. He has changed my meds from mirtazipine to prozac with a phased withdrawal of the mirtazipine and a two week overlap period. I am coming off the mirtazipine because of the weight gain (gained a stone in the two years I've been taking it). Two questions: has anyone else changed from mirt. to prozac - what can i expect? Is prozac an appetite suppressant?

Thanks

kazza21
10-02-09, 09:09
hey! i have recently spent around 6 months on mirtazipine, and found i got pins and needles randomly every day in my arm. i have been on prozacnow for 2 days and am no longer taking mirtazipine. i didnt have a phased withdrawl at all, just straight onto prozac... did ask why i didnt have to worry about slow withdrawl, think it could be as i was not on it for long. i am lucky, so far i have had no serious side effects, but have noticed im yawning (googled prozac and it said it was a side effect) also i have been told it does cause weight loss but im hapy about that as i gained quite a bit of weight in the 6 months of using mitazapine. thats about all i can tell you for now, but will keep you posted!

freemymind
25-02-09, 12:05
HI there

I was on prosac (fluoxitine) for 4 years and that whole time i never had an appetite , now im on mirtazapine and have been for a year or so i cant stop eating even when im not hungry . I found i had much more energy on the prosac and was more focused on exersize , my GP said this was due to a ingredient that was to give you a kick out of bed in the morning.
I had to come of them after 4 and a half years as they took away my element of fear which had dissaster written all over it.