PDA

View Full Version : Bad HA

daniela
13-01-09, 19:06
For a very long while I've been suffering from HA really bad. Everyday there's a new symptom for me to worry about. The problem is that I am terrified to go to the doctor. Haven't been to one in more than 4 years. I don't know what to do anymore, I quit my job and spend all day worrying about my symptoms or googling about them. Do any of you have HA and won't go see the doctor?

Thank you for reading.

Daniela

jajoandrews
13-01-09, 19:34
hi i quit my job too because i am agraphobic i run out of the doctors two days ago becaues i needed to go to my safe place home. take someone who will make you stay there its awfull but thats what i did yesterday and i did what i had to do.

Duckie
13-01-09, 19:44
Yes I am the same way. I keep thinking the worse. I even went in for CT scan MRI and everything for migraines expecting to hear something terribly wrong.

I am so afraid the drs may miss something. Then I pay for it later.

yanksforever
13-01-09, 19:55
What symptoms do you have honey?

daniela
13-01-09, 20:23
Thank you Jajoandrews and Duckie, for your answers at least I know that I'm not the only one terrified about going to the doctors.
Yanksforever, my symptoms are all over the place.
I have difficulty breathing
palpitations (my heartbeat goes to 120 just by doing simple choirs in the house)
Constantly clearing my throat
Neck tension
visual disturbances that come and go
hearing heartbeat in my ears

I'm constantly dwelling on every symptom and not enjoying life at all.

Duckie
13-01-09, 20:36
Are you under intense stress right now? Do you know when it started? Did something happen around that time?

I do the throat clearing thing alot when I am having a panic attack. When I keep doing it, it makes it worse.

Paplpitation yes I get that.
Breathing yes - feeling like I am being smoothered.
Neck tension - like a rug burn almost

What kind of visual disturbances?

Pumpkin31
13-01-09, 20:52
Hi Daniela,

I suffer from health anxiety too. Whatever you do try not to google your symptoms as anxiety symptoms mimic so many illnesses. I made that mistake but see now it's not really helpful and just gives us all something else to worry about! I just joined and have so far found this site a great help, so try looking at the info on here if you're feeling bad as it really is helpful :D.

Nicola x

daniela
13-01-09, 21:02
Thank you everyone for your kind responses. Yes I will admit that my worse habit is to google all the symptoms I have. I go for reassurance but end up panicking about everything that I read.

I'm presently not under alot of stress but every little thing that I feel makes me panic.

Daniela