PDA

View Full Version : Desperation Has Turned To Terror - Might Have Angina

annie pannie
13-01-09, 19:10
Hi everyone

Posted last week following four months of on /off racing heart at night with gp doing no tests but saying its anxiety and giving me cipramil which I didn't take as they can give you problems at night. Went and saw a different gp TODAY lovely one who asked me lots of questions (no-one had before) and said I NEEDED SOME TESTS - AN ECG, BLOODS ETC - OK AND MAYBE TRY DIAZEPAM TO RELAX ME AS IM ONLY SLEEPING TWO/THREE HOURS DUE TO SHEER TERROR. FELT A BIT BETTER THEN HAPPENED TO MENTION THAT SOMETIMES WHEN I START WALKING WITH MY DOGS I GET A DULL PAIN ON MY LEFT SIDE INTO MY SHOULDER WHICH GOES AFTER A WHILE AND I ALSO SOMETIMES GET THIS WHEN MY HEART RACES AT NIGHT - SHE THEN SAID- CANCEL ALL THE TESTS - YOU NEED TO HAVE A TREADMILL TEST AT HOSP IN CASE ITS ANGINA - I'M TERRIFIED BEYOND BELIEF THAT WHEN I HAVE A RACING HEART EPISODE MY HEART WILL NOT COPE AND I WILL HAVE AN ANGINA ATTACK - ENDED UP IN A AND E IN OCT WITH DULL PAIN AFTER RACING HEART AND IT HAPPENED THE OTHER NIGHT THOUGH NOT AS BAD. REALLY REALLY CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS TERROR- ON MY OWN AT NIGHT AS PARTNER WORKS AWAY - IF I DO HAVE ANGINA THEN MY RACING EPSIODES ARENT GOOD FOR MY HEART - IF I GET PAIN WHEN I SLOWLY START TO WALK HOW IS MY HEART GOING TO COPE WHEN I AM GOING AT 170 BEATS PER MINUTE WHICH AS THE DOCTOR SAYS IS LIKE JOGGING. THE TERROR WHICH WAS HORRENDOUS THIS MORNING ON TOP OF DAYS OF NO SLEEP HAS JUST GOT SO MUCH WORSE AND I DONT THINK I CAN COPE ANYMORE- I AM 49 AND HAVE JUST HAD TEST FOR THYROID CANCER WHICH WERE INCONCLUSIVE - CAN'T GO ON

decca
15-01-09, 20:06
It's OK Annie, I was diagnosed with angina in 2001 which worsened in 2007,I also get tachycardic episodes but with the right medication does no harm.
I know it can be very distressing but please try and keep calm as anxiety can momentarily tighten the artaries around the heart making the pain worse.
If you do have angina there is loads of things they can do to help you.

God bless.
Decca.

Duckie
15-01-09, 20:09
Hugs I have heart problems. 3 major heart surgeries and you know there are so much they can do now. Things that weren't available before.

Try to keep calm I know that is easier said that done. But D is right. It only will add to the symptoms that you are feeling.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Duckie xx

Vicki08
16-01-09, 23:06
Hey,

My Nan has angina - had it pretty much most of her life, was first diagnosed when she was 50 - she is now 79 and still going strong. My Nan has done lots of stuff since she was diagnosed like hill walking, dancing, decorating....loads!

My Nan also suffers panic attacks and there has been a few times when the doctor has taken her pulse and her heart has been going crazy! But she is still here. Your heart can take a lot more then you think. It is a strong organ and is not designed to just give up through a bit of stress or illness.

The angina has never stopped my Nan and the docs say her heart is in pretty good shape considering her age and the angina. My nan takes medication for it and has a little spray that she sprays on her tongue if she feels like she is getting a bit breathless. No big deal. Angina is pretty common but it is treatable and like my nan you can have a normal, long life.

I know its hard not to worry and I do really feel for you but you dont even know if you definitely have angina yet - there may be nothing wrong and even if you do have angina at least the docs are doing something about it.

Take care and let us know how you get on!

Vicki x