PDA

View Full Version : Horrid thoughts

macca78
13-01-09, 20:10
Does anyone else have any experience of having horrible suicidal thoughts with prozac? I have been on them for 32 days. I'm frightened. I was on Citalopram a few months back but came off them because I started to have compulsive thoughts about self harm and I cut myself a few times. Now I'm feeling suicidal.

fairyfloss
13-01-09, 22:02
hi there
i was on prozac for a while with no ill effect,but meds have diff effects on people.Go see your dr to tell him of whats happeningbecause it may not be agreeing with you,but if you read the leaflet what came with the tablets,it should say wether its a side effect what will wear off in a few days or wether to tell your dr staight away.sorry i cant be of anymore help.x hope it soon passes x

CJH86
24-01-09, 23:29
Hi, i was given prozac a few days ago (but havent started taking them yet as worried about side effects:blush:) my doctor stressed to me that if i have any strange thoughts, especially suicidal ones to stop taking them and go back...although those symptoms tend to occur earlier in therepy (in the first 2-3 weeks of taking them). I too had a bad experience of citalopram, it made me extremely angry and very irrational...i ended up in hospital. Its very much trial and error with these types of medication sadly (as there is little knowlege of how these drugs work) good luck and hope you feel better soon x

spaced
25-01-09, 02:54
hi i take prozac but dont have any bad side effects you need to go back to the doc and explain how your feeling. different drugs work for different people