PDA

View Full Version : Hi :) I'm new here

Gakusei
14-01-09, 07:33
Hey, everyone. I'm a 26 year old female who has been dealing with anxiety (not sure how severe, because I've never been properly treated) for about three years.

I'm currently on Klonopin, and can function, to an extent. Like, I've held jobs and such in the past, I even held a job over the summer where I was a Teacher's Assistant and truthfully, I was fine 99% of the time at work.

But, as of right now, I have dropped out of college for the second time in my life, mostly due to small bouts of panic while at school, and am unemployed, mostly due to my constant fear of going to work and being on my feet all day.

Aside from regular panic (not sure if there is such a thing) I have an irrational fear that I'm going to faint for no real reason. I can't understand it, have never spoken to a professional about it, and really am baffled as to why I feel this way.

I'm pretty sure I should get therapy, because I've been told that it's not really good to get on klonopin and stay on it, but I can't afford it and basically, that's why I'm here.

I hope that my presence here can not only benefit me, but perhaps some of my stories and experiences can help someone as well.

Whew, that was a mouthful, ne? Either way, hi guys. :whistles:

Dominic1975
14-01-09, 07:41
Hi and welcome to nmp..... you will find some good support here and comfort in knowing you are not alone.....

Gakusei
14-01-09, 07:44
Hi, and thank you! :]

andie73
14-01-09, 08:52
Hi

:welcome: to NMP. This site has really helped me to start acceting my anxiety and to learn about the symptoms. You will find lots of information and support here.

Duckie
14-01-09, 16:33
:welcome: Welcome to the site. I just joined too. So many overwhelming support here. I don't know how I couldn't have found this amazing place a long time ago. :yesyes:

Hope to bump into you along the way. Have a fanastic day. Hugs.:hugs:

Patty
14-01-09, 17:03
Hi Gakusei, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I would tend to get a 'dizzy' feeling and think that I'm going to collapse or faint - I never have!! It has been such a relief to find out that it is a symptom of 'anxiety'.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

SilverFern
14-01-09, 17:44
Hello and welcome to NMP. I only joined a couple of weeks ago and find it very supportive. I always keep some extra strong mints and Rescue Remedy in my bag which I find useful if I get a bit lightheaded. I also make sure that I have a snack mid morning, maybe a banana, which also helps with the wobbly feelings. I have never actually fainted either but that fact doesn't help the unpleasant feelings. Best wishes!

sunshine-lady
14-01-09, 21:35
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
15-01-09, 09:38
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx