PDA

View Full Version : Back from the GP

rosy
14-01-09, 12:31
Dear everyone

Well I hope I can be of help to any of you worrying yourselves to death over whether to go to the doctors yet again about your problems.

I spent a good 10 mins with him, he was really sweet. He went into absolutely everything. He agreed with me it is all basically severe anxiety (he knows I have bone marrow cancer but I have a hospital consultant for that and it is currently stable) and that I need to be with the Community Mental Health Team who will get me back on my feet. He agreed that I was still grieving, my dear mother died in June 2005 but it feels like only yesterday.. He said, if I feel overwhelming anxiety tearfulness or just worry, or feel terribly alone, to take an extra diazepam (I am already on them), or to take an extra one if I feel faint or lightheaded because that again is severe anxiety.

I am waiting for an assessment with the local CMHT who should give me a social worker and a case worker. He said they will be able to get me going out and about again like I always used to.

At last I feel I am getting somewhere, albeit slowly and very very gradually.
Oh yes, regarding alcohol, he said to try and keep it for the evening, because one diazepam equals one glass of wine, so if I have a diazepam with a glass of wine it is the same as two glasses of wine (after which I would end up on the floor).:flowers:

Take care
Rosy

honeybee3939
14-01-09, 13:31
Hi Rosy

WELL DONE for managing to visit the doctors and getting everything off your chest! :yesyes: Sometimes it take a lot of courage to do that so good for you !

It sounds like you have a very understanding GP. I hope the CMHT are of good help too and you get the appointment through soon.

Sounds like a success to me and a step in the right direction, so well done once again!
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

andie73
14-01-09, 13:33
Well done!!!

What a lot to cope with no the wonder you are anxious. I think you deserve a huge pat on the back for facing things and going to the doctors.

Keep going!!!!

:hugs:

rosy
14-01-09, 16:39
Ta so much for your replies

It took me till 4pm and three cups of tea to get over it all, but it was well worth it.

Thanks for the pats on the back.

Love Rosy

SilverFern
14-01-09, 17:32
Your troubles put my agoraphobia into perspective. Hope all goes well for you! x