PDA

View Full Version : Night terrors?

NatteAsbak
14-01-09, 13:40
Hello all:).

I've experienced some pretty awful nightmares, over the course of the last few weeks. I started having panic attacks back in November and it seems to interact with my night terrors. I often dream about demons, violence, loosing control, being chased etc.

I usually wake up 2-3 times every night screaming, because I have nightmares.

Is this a normal sympton for people who suffer from anxiety/panic disorder?

Love
Jarl.

ade
14-01-09, 16:00
hi
i have suffered night terrors as part of ptsd,is there something perhaps that could be fuelling these awful nightmares,talking helps me and i hope there is something that will help and reassure you
kindest regards ade

thebam
14-01-09, 18:07
Hi,
Maybe a long shot.I suffered from night terrors to the point of bruising my mothers arms trying to control me after waking.Similarly demons, mainly large abnormal insectsThey were so real i used to find myself standing in the hall with a towel trying to hit tham off my legs.The doctor, after a lengthy discussion decided that it was down to my tempereture being too high during the night, high temp=mad bad dreamery lol.
Anyway the up shot is i dropped the temp, opened windows turned off my elec blanket (i loved it on) and bought myself a dream catcher.Been nearly two years since i had one.........Try it.:yesyes:

NatteAsbak
14-01-09, 20:35
Thanks to both of you for the reply. Glad to know, that I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

Bam: I will try that, thank you so much!:)