PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations/Skipped Beats & Exercise

NervousNellie
14-01-09, 17:28
Hello everyone!

I have a question about palpitations/skipped beats during exercise.

I don't really exercise as in running on a treadmill or lifting weights, but my "exercise" consists of doing housework at a fast pace (I do this at a fast pace on purpose because with owning my own business and having 2 small children, I don't have time to go to the gym)! So I try to turn my housework into an aerobic activity. However, I usually have palpitations during this whole process. My heart rate can be up anywhere from 110-150 and I'll still be having palpitations. I've had all of the heart tests done - echo, ekg, 24 hour monitor, bloodwork - all have been normal and the cardiologist says that my problems are not cardiac related (well duh, I have anxiety!).

Is it normal to have palpitations when doing these kinds of activities? I don't know if I'm subconsciously worried that I'm going to have palpitations while I'm doing the housework and that's why I get them? It's always on my mind.....if I TOTALLY forget about them (by some miracle), I don't have any at all. But if they are in the back of my mind and I TRY to distract myself, I'll still get them. I really feel that it's all anxiety related, but in the back of my mind I'm worried that people aren't supposed to have palpitations when they are exercising (thought I read that somewhere - that it could be an indication of heart disease). Could somebody please offer some advice? I'm driving myself crazy!