PDA

View Full Version : Hi again

rgb76
12-01-09, 23:05
Hi

I am just admitting to the fact that I have had increasing anxiety and panic attacks for the last 5 years. My anxieties appear to have become more widespread. I swim twice or three times a week to reduce my jangled nerves which helps to take the edge of my stress levels. I have recently applied for CBT sessions via my GP butthe waiting list is approx. 6 months. I have been reading up on the various self-help books and have just bought a stress monitor to re-learn how to breathe calmy to reduce my anxiety levels. I also find work meetings difficult and training days have become increasingly difficult for me. The anxiety takes up a lot of my energies so that in meetings I can't concentrate and withdraw into myself. I had a panic attack on a train recently so now the thought of travelling by train has become too much but I will try and overcome this little by little. I think a self-help group by like this forum or a self-help group meeting would help to miniise these feelings of low self-esteem

Does anyone else suffer from these symptoms? What success have you had in overcoming them?

Many thanks

Rgb76

Dominic1975
12-01-09, 23:25
welcome to nmp

I have felt different symptoms at different time in my life.... especially feeling drained after work and having difficulty travelling on the train.... with cbt and other breathing technique, I have it under control most of the time, so I dont get a full blown panic attack, but my axiety is still high

spaced
13-01-09, 07:10
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)