PDA

View Full Version : Normal for attacks?

Magik
15-01-09, 03:15
I was just sitting at my computer earlier, and had something strange happen, it felt like my heart was "Beating out of my chest", wasn't really painful, but like a very high fluttering effect. And it was followed right after, almost immediately by what I would call cold sweat.

This was the first time it'd ever happened to me, since I had my low potassium problem fixed anyways, is this normal? I read about chest pains, but there wasn't really any sharp, stabbing pains. I guess if there wasn't any pain, it would be alright?

HighwayMiles
15-01-09, 05:19
Was it like a weird beat thing where it feels like you're skipping a beat and time sort of stands still for a moment? I get that sometimes. I asked my doc about it and he said it's actually a double beat, not a skipped beat. It's a really strange fluttery sensation? Like that?

I had it like crazy when I was pregnant. They hooked me up to all these wires and determined I was fine. It still happens and it weirds me out every time.

It's pretty normal, I think, if that's what you're experiencing.

I just found this on another anxiety symptom website....

Irregular heart rhythms, heart flutters or skipped heart beats: Your heart feels like it skips a beat or flops in your chest. It sometimes may feel like a tickle in your chest that makes you cough. If you take your pulse, you'll notice that sometimes the beats are unevenly spaced.

teeshirt:suntanner
15-01-09, 13:16
I dont know if what i feel is the same as you but i do connect to what you are saying - i sometimes become suddenly aware of my heart beating (like a pounding) but i does feel like a fluttering of beats that titter about! I find very focused breathing helps either to lessen the fluttering or relax my mind from focusing on them or maybe i bit of both i dont know !

Magik
15-01-09, 15:35
It felt like my heart was trying to catch back up to a normal pace and just went crazy for abit, the cold sweat, I'm imagining, was myself panicking? I had my heart monitered, ekg, and the 24 hour hookup before and the cardiologist said I was fine, that was back in July though.

Probably just my fears getting the best of me as usual.

shotokansho
15-01-09, 17:12
I experience this often, i had an ecg and it came back normal. I was told it was likely due to stress and anxiety and that it was nothing to worry about. I hope you start to feel better soon.

teeshirt:suntanner
15-01-09, 17:30
i think maybe both the fluttering feeling and cold sweats are the tricks that 'the panic' play! Engages us in worrying about having something wrong with our hearts or soemthing.

Duckie
15-01-09, 17:55
I have had 3 major heart surgeries and I get it too. My caridologist said that it's all stress related and anxiety. It happened ALOT when I was pregnant too as well.

My cardiologist has had me since I was a baby, so he knows my long heart history.

I know it is stress. Trying to breath it out makes it worse for me. I try to get to sleep. Sometimes it's hard because that strong BEAT after the pause makes me wake up from a sleep.

HUGS. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: You are not alone.

Duckie xx

anna66
15-01-09, 18:11
Hi, I find being on the computer for any more than ten minues and I get a couple of what I call 'fadumps'. I go and do something else more relaxing.
Anna

LACEYA1961
15-01-09, 18:32
I was just sitting at my computer earlier, and had something strange happen, it felt like my heart was "Beating out of my chest", wasn't really painful, but like a very high fluttering effect. And it was followed right after, almost immediately by what I would call cold sweat.

This was the first time it'd ever happened to me, since I had my low potassium problem fixed anyways, is this normal? I read about chest pains, but there wasn't really any sharp, stabbing pains. I guess if there wasn't any pain, it would be alright?

I get those fluttering/flittering beats all the time and then sometimes it feels like my heart stops for a few seconds...very strange sensation and scary! An ambulance driver told me to do this when it happens: Take a deep breath through your nose and let out through your mouth but while you're exhaling compress your lips (like you're blowing through a straw). It really does seem to help.

Take care!

Lacey

Magik
15-01-09, 19:12
Thanks for the replies guys. It's really nice to know that it is just panic related, I have enough to worry about than other things too. But what gets me, is I have Crohns and I'm not supposed to have stress either. So it's like either one of them could suffer cause of the other one.

Meaning, I think about my Crohns, I get stressed, think about my stress, it affects my Crohns. So feel like sometimes I just can't win. But Lacey, if I get it again, I will definately try your tip, thank you for that!

And Anna, I'm starting to get that way too, think too much computer time might be my whole problem sometimes. xD

And to Duckie, sorry to hear about your heart problems, but I'm glad to hear your doing better :)

And I told my husband, if I get pregnant while I'm going through this, well...it wouldn't be pretty xD