PDA

View Full Version : need help urgently

darkphantom
06-07-05, 12:17
Hi im new here and need help, im really down and am having bad thoughts, ive lost all my family because of my depression and self harm, i have just been in and out hospital due to smashing my hand. i have lost all interest in things and feel so lonely, i dont know what to do now if im honest i dont want to live, is there anyone who can help me, i need friends i can trust not ones that tell me to kill myself please is there anyone who can help. i so sad and down, please feel free to email me. cant stand this lonelness
please help
susie

existential crisis
06-07-05, 12:40
Susie, I wouldn't call someone who tells you to kill yourself a friend! You really dont need people like that in your life. Im new to this forum myself and it seems like a place where you are treated with respect and are listened to, whatever the problem. With regards to your family, I know through personal experience that to feel like this isnt always understood and doesnt always command much sympathy...but you have to stay strong because tommorow is another day, and it could just be the one where you begin to feel better. Sometimes you feel like life isnt worth living when you are feeling particularly tense and desperate, but in my experience, acute distress usually subsides. Im not saying that problems disappear over night but you WILL feel better in time. x

*I think, therefore I am.*

Karen
06-07-05, 12:49
Hi Susie

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so low and struggling with this alone. I too suffer from depression and have self-harmed in a similar way to you, so I can empathise.

I can understand that things seem pretty bleak for you right now but there is hope for recovery from this and suicide is a permanent solution to what is a temporary problem, even though I realise it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Depression distorts the way you think about everything, making it virtually impossible to think clearly or to see past the negative and despairing thoughts.

What help are you receiving at the moment? Are you having any treatment from a therapist? If not your doctor would be a good place to start.

I'm sorry to hear about your family. Do you see them at all?

If you are feeling desperate right now and need to talk to someone The Samaritans (http://www.samaritans.org) are available 24 hours a day and will listen in a non-judgemental way. We are also here for you.

You might also like to read the article on Self Harm (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/selfharm.htm) for information and help with how to deal with this.

Please don't give up Susie. There is a way through all of this and we will help all we can.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

trac67
06-07-05, 13:55
Hi Susie,
Please dont feel that you are alone, now that you have found this site, you have found a lot of support and friends. Feel free to pm me if ever you need to, and i will try to help you all i can.
Take Care,
Trac:D

florence
06-07-05, 15:35
Hi Susie

Sorry to hear you feel so down...Welcome to the site by the way.
Many people here know how you feel and have been thru depression, I have too, and at that time I thought dying was the answer. You will definitely be able to make friends here who understand and don't judge.
Can you tell us a bit more about yourself, per example, your age and location?
Hope to hear from you soon. Hang in there.

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**