PDA

View Full Version : Back pain.....

swirledpeacat
15-01-09, 04:49
So I have been feeling really anxious lately and have beeen getting knots in my back, probably for a number of reasons; lack of sleep, lack of exercise, stress and poor posture.

Anyway, I am now suffering from lower back pain, I find this most problematic when I'm trying to sleep, as I can't get comfy, feels as if I am straining my back and it is worse when I sleep on my front (which is how I usually sleep)

This has got me totally stressed out and wondering if I have a tumour, some underlying cause, whatever. I guess I am just looking for reassurance that it is all in my head!

Anyone else suffer this when they are anxious? I would love some tips!

xxxx

mary8
15-01-09, 09:41
Hi
I'm not actually suffering from lower back pain but mine is at the top of my spine affecting my neck. I have had a trapped nerve for 3/4 months now with awful pain travelling from my neck, shoulder blade and all down my right arm. I too worried myself sick that I had a tumour to the point where I paid privately for an MRI scan. This showed a touch of arthritis in my neck (I am 52 years old). I also used to sleep on my front but apparently that is really bad for you spine, you should stop sleeping like that immediately, I bet you anything that is what is causing your pain.
Please try not to worry, I have read so much on the internet about spinal pain and it is so common and something most of us at some time in our lives will suffer from.
At the moment I cannot see and end to mine, I am seeing an Osteopath and PT to try and help, plus taking pain killers almost every day.
Take care and hope this has helped you somewhat.

Alexy
16-01-09, 00:33
I have this too! The pain only seems to come on when i lie down on my front though, its so weird?:S Im really worried too, its just one of many things though tbh:S
If you ever find out what it is, post on here? Im too embarrassed to go to my docs for a while, iv been twice this week and am in on monday for a mole removal:S:S:S:S:S
Urgg at anxiety:( xx

ams
16-01-09, 05:50
I'm having back pain today...oddly enough, I think I slept on my stomach last night (I was tossing and turning) so I wonder if that's the culprit.

A tumor should be the farthest thing from your mind. The chances of a tumor causing this back pain are so infinitesimal that I would literally think the doctor would name 20 things before tumor (if not more) as a cause of back pain.

It's probably muscular. Try some heat, anti-inflammatory pain killers and/or a little alcohol (that is, if it won't increase your anxiety), and I bet it'll be gone in a few days. I'm just about to use the ol' heating pad myself...