PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me i'm not mad!!!!!!

w_burns
15-01-09, 11:53
Hi everyone this is my first post and i don't really know where to start!?!?!
As soon as i wake up each morning i start feeling ill and without meaning to bombard you here is my symptoms:

Aching arms all the way down
Jellyish legs
Upper Lower and middle back pain
Chest pains
random twinges and pains
bad stomach aches
constipation and diarrhea
headaches

These last most of the day due to being anxious most of the day please someone tell me that im not the only one. I would really appreciate someone to talk to.

Love to you all,
William.

valleybear
15-01-09, 12:09
Hi William and welcome to the site. I am new this month myself, but have found unimaginable support and help here ...as you will. All symptoms you describe can be attributed to anxiety and stress..If you haven't had a medical check up may be worth it 'cos most of these symptoms I have also, but they have been diagnosed as fibromyalgia, which is a non threatening muscle/tissue condition. You can read about it on the web. hoping you feel better soon...Stay strong

*D*
15-01-09, 12:20
Hey William,

First of all welcome!! and secondly you are NOT mad at all!! The only thing mad is this anxiety disorder!! I have most of those symptoms as well, it can be terrifying I no, my biggest thing right now is the chronic muscle tension, it seems not to want to go away, but I no the more attention I give to it the longer it will last. But this is hard to do sometimes, when you are in pain, it snowballs, one symptom to another, just when I accept that this symptom is from anxiety I get a new one. We have to find a way to end the vicious cirlcle.
Also, I dont no if you checked out the website but, on the left hand side of the page there is a section called Problem/ Idears, click on symptoms I think this will help you. It will ease your mind some. Again welcome hope you find the help your are looking for. Take good care.

D :hugs:

spaced
15-01-09, 13:21
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:) you are not mad and you are not alone

w_burns
16-01-09, 20:03
Thanks for all the replies peeps :) Just a bit of an update. I had X-Rays and blood tests done last week for my backache and stomach and back pain and I rang the doctors today for my results and surprise suprise they were all clear lol. In a way i'm still sort of convinced and swapping 1 self diagnosis for another. I've gone from thinking I had the big C, to liver failure and now the results for that is clear i'm thinking diabetes! although im sure my blood would have shown up abnormal sugar blood levels?? I have had an addiction to codeine/ co-codamol for the past couple of years but my HA has been so severe lately i have broken my addiction and not been on them for the past month which may not sound long but to me is a real achievement.
Im interested in hearing if any other members with HA or physical symptoms have had any addictions to painkillers?

Cheers guys,
Will x