PDA

View Full Version : Seroxat Is Not Evil!!!

miss worrier
15-01-09, 13:16
TO ALL THE PEOPLE BEING SCARED WITLESS OUT THERE BY HORROR STORYS OF SEROXAT I WANT TO SHARE MY STORY WITH U, I HAD A MENTAL BREAKDOWN 4 YEARS AGO AND HAD OCD PANIC ATTACKS THE LOT, DURING I TOOK SEROXAT AND GOT MY LIFE BACK I HAD MINIMUL SYMPTOMS AND NO PROBLEMS, I CAME OFF SEROXAT TO HAVE A BABY AND DEVELOPED PND SO AGAIN WAS PERSCRIBED SEROXAT AND IT WORKED WITHIN 2 WEEKS AND I HAD NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL, I AM NOW PREPARING TO COME OFF IT AGAIN AND I AM NOT FRIGHTENED BY THE SIDE EFFECT CAUSE IM NOT HAVING ANY. EVERYBODYS EXPERIANCE IS DIFFERENT BUT PEOPLE SHOULDNT BE POSTING THAT ITS A DEVIL DRUG AND IT ONLY WORKS FIRST TIME ROUND, MAKES U THINK SUICIDLE THOUGHT ETC I THINK DUE TO THE PRESS OF SEROXAT THESE THEROYS ARE JUST IN PEOPLES HEADS, I HAVE NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR THE DRUG AFTERALL IT SAVED MY LIFE.

bab
15-01-09, 13:37
seroxat is the only drug that really worked for me

yorkylover
15-01-09, 14:18
I think it is like any med's they work for some people and not other's.

Great new's that it worked for you.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

no-fear
15-01-09, 18:37
That is what people who are feeling depressed do, go around looking for scare stories which just makes them feel even more depressed. Always have to remember that Seroxat works really well for a lot of people and not for some people.

bottleblond
15-01-09, 19:40
Hi Miss

It was the media that first presented the public with the medical findings of Seroxat and the problems some people were experiencing since taking the drug. I do think everyone is different though as it obviously works perfectly well for some people. Suppose it's like everything else out there, some like it-some loath it.

Lisa
xx

bab
15-01-09, 20:35
Also I think it was one of the most prescribed ssri at the time - and yes its got a short half life - but some of the others are just as hard to come off

zeb
26-05-11, 21:57
Well its good some people have no problems with seroxat but that doesn't take away the fact that others do have a terrible time on it, remember what works for one may not be good for another. I have been on several ssri's and seroxat was the worst one for me in fact I didn't get on well with any of them but I have found mirtazapine to be quite gentle in comparison and has very few side affects.

haz
26-05-11, 22:14
Seroxat is the best anti-depressant I've ever been on and helped me loads with my panic and anxiety disorder. I cross tapered onto another SSRI when it stopped working after 14 years so technically I was "swapping one ssri for another" and didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms. However, I understand that some people who have came off it completely have suffered quite badly from withdrawal symptoms due to it's short half-life which means it leaves the body very quickly.

I wouldn't condemn any drug. Prozac was horrendous for me but helped one of my friends immensely.

Some people do better on some drugs than others.

Lilyblue
27-05-11, 15:09
I refuse to take this cos of the horror storys,
When i took prozac and then mirtazepine, i never looked at health forums so knew nothing about how bad they can be, so i took them, if read about them i prob would of refused,
I wish i never read such bad stories,
I never bother with side affects on other meds, it only ads that worry me, i never suffer bad side affects with other ad's.
So wish i could just take them, im more scared cos it liquid

Gero67
12-12-11, 03:26
I have been on Seroxat for 16 or 17yrs!!

The only times I tried coming off is when I got 'spooked' into believing I'd 'poopout', some other forums talk about this as if it's an inevitable thing, this and the fact that tacking a drug will effect your liver after time or may do, so we have liver function tests.

When I am on Seroxat (Seroxat me) I am ok, great, powerful, happy, talkative, can function, have goals, can enjoy a film, make love, have a conversation, function. As soon as I try coming off my world falls apart, severe stomach aches that radiate to the back, feelings that I am going to die, anxiety galore, panic, fear, cannot function at all, can't do much at all just do the basics like breathe go to toilet, walk, even digestion is compromised.

The people that go and on and on about how terrible seroxat is you will find on various forums and websitesand some do have important points, some do really badly BUT where is the website or forum about peoplr who do well? There isn't one as they get on with their lives and so have nothing to complain about.

Am I worried about 'poop out' - definately, worried about my liver -sure. But for me personally I cannot come off, whether it's my depression/anxiety coming back or serious withdrawal or both I don't really care I just physically cannot come off, I would have to be sedated in a straight jacket for months in order to come out the other end, in a normal persons life there is never a perfect time to get off the medicine as even heaven will turn to hell once brain chemistry starts changing, I think for people like me who have taken this for decades it is tougher to come off, the first few years I used to get the electric shocks and symptoms people talk about when trying to taper off, now I get nothing just serious stomach ache, rush of anxiety and anger and mainly mental/emotional symptoms that cannot be solved with CBT or meditation or eating Fish oils, B vitamins, magnesiumor even the L-Theanine, and other calming amino acids, sorry mate they don't work,compared to seroxat they don't even make a dent on my anxiety/depression.

Only now I realise there is so much BS online, please guys take everything you read with a pinch of salt, even when they are convincing and show various neurotransmitters do this and that and how seroxat is doing this or that to your brain or liver.

I thought of this way, yeah drugs will harm the liver, but if I don't take anything and I am anxious and depressed the chemicals that the brain releases and the general state of health of the body will also harm the liver as well right? Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

So the best thing at least for me is to take something that keeps me happy and also do liver funstion tests once a year and take herbs or vitamins that protect the liver and brain, also avoid anything that may harm or put an extra burden on your brain or liver like smoking, drinking alcohol, recreactional drugs instead eating healthy diet, exercise, etc, i.e. make the most or the best of the situation I am in.

Gerald