PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

Sαshα
15-01-09, 13:12
Hello everyone *waves*

I found this site totally by accident (as im sure a lot of people have done!) and i think it might help me to make friends and be around others like myself:hugs:

Im 34 years old and have been suffering from depression, anxiety and a whole lot of other interesting things for almost 3 years now. When it first started and i eventually plucked up the courage to go to the doctor she put me on Prozac and signed me off work for 3 months. After about 6 weeks i had to go back to her as i began to get strong urges to self harm and commit suicide. She took me off the Prozac and put me on Citalopram, which ive now been on for about two and a half years. I started at 20mg and eventually had to go up to 40 as i started to get worse instead of better. In total i was off work for roughly 3 months which i guess isnt really that bad looking back.

Over the last 6 months or so ive started (slowly but surely) to feel and resemble a little bit like the 'old me'. I went back to see another doctor (mine was off on maternity leave) and discussed the possibility of cutting down the dosage of my pills and then hopefully coming off them altogether.

Ive been completely off them for about 4 weeks now :yahoo:

Im not going to lie and say i feel absolutely fantastic. I do have the odd 'bad day' and ive been getting some strange sensations inside my head which im hoping will go away, but apart from that im doing okay (i think:unsure: ). Infact googling 'coming off citalopram' was what lead me to your site!

Anyway im off to have a proper nosey round the site while im on my lunch break :D

Patty
15-01-09, 13:16
Hi Sasha, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

spaced
15-01-09, 13:17
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

weeble40
17-01-09, 00:27
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Vanilla Sky
17-01-09, 00:47
Hi and welcome, you will find a lot of support on here see you in chat maybe love paige x

sunshine-lady
17-01-09, 21:21
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin: