PDA

View Full Version : Heartattack? Or Panic Attack? Help!

jobear
15-01-09, 18:00
OK
ive been like this sinse last night i havnt slept sinse like yesterday i keep gettin pains in chest at the left and im arm. my chest feels heavy and im constantly breathless and tried mainly breathless when i move..
ive had an ECG and heart tests on new years day and they were fine.. but i keep thinkin they missed something and some stupied doctor told me if i wernt havin the pains at the time it wont of shown up on the ECG
iv posted in to over fourms cuz i just need answers!!
PLEAASE! dont wana end up going AnE again tonight

jo x

teeshirt:suntanner
15-01-09, 18:09
i can hear what you are saying about the pain you are feeling. I dont know what to say wherther it is a panic attack or not ... i dont think anyone could make that judgement over the net!! The good thing is that you have had heart tests and they came back fine, is it likely that they woudl be inaccurate?? All i know is that the first panic attack i had i felt unwell and thought i was having a heart attack and thinking that spiralled me totally into feeling more paina nd more panic though i had no idea that what i was experiencing was a panic attack. To calm me my parents took me to A&E and they told me i had tonsilitus (which was causing me to feel odd, feverish and queasy and pains in my chest) which i think triggered my worrying thoughts (catastrophising my unhelpful thought) and it escalated very quickly. When i described what i felt the dr said it sounded like a panic attack.

I am sorry that i might not have given the answer you are looking for, though its a good thing you are here because i am sure you will be able to talk about things with poeple on here and feel supported and thought about. :)

jobear
15-01-09, 18:22
well i duno could be an anxiety attack? duno the difrence!

geemoo
16-01-09, 14:23
i know exactly what you are gin thru.....ive been thru the same and it aint pleasent! i was and still am having chest pains and pains in my arms and legs. ive had numerous tests but they all came back normal. i was told they are anxiety pains and nothing serious. im not a doctor so dont trust me 100% but im 99% sure that you are experiencing the same as me....hope this helps

panicagain
16-01-09, 15:03
OK
ive been like this sinse last night i havnt slept sinse like yesterday i keep gettin pains in chest at the left and im arm. my chest feels heavy and im constantly breathless and tried mainly breathless when i move..
ive had an ECG and heart tests on new years day and they were fine.. but i keep thinkin they missed something and some stupied doctor told me if i wernt havin the pains at the time it wont of shown up on the ECG
iv posted in to over fourms cuz i just need answers!!
PLEAASE! dont wana end up going AnE again tonight

jo x

Firs:hugs: I'm so sorry your going through this but if you check some of my recent posts you will see i'm having the same type of things going on so i'm not sure that i can help but just to let you know your not alone:bighug1: