PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Spiders

Duckie
15-01-09, 20:01
I am so afraid of them.

Anyone else?

Trapped
15-01-09, 20:47
Not as bad as you, but not keen if they are big.
I slide them onto a paper cover with a jug and release in the garage, must be loads in there now.
I don't kill anything, not even flies.
Was there a point when this started for you?

spaced
15-01-09, 21:26
dont like spiders i've trained my dog to dispose of them for me lol

Duckie
15-01-09, 22:18
Spaced that is too cool!!

I thought I saw a brown recluse (the one that causes flesh eatting disease in the basement and now I have been scared as mad to even get anything in boxes down there).

I don't know when it starts all I know is don't ask me to go anywhere near them.:scared15:

HighwayMiles
16-01-09, 00:27
Petrified. It used to be my only phobia, but I've since added more. I cannot live in a ranch-style home because of it. I have to sleep at least one floor up. I don't like being down there on the ground with the bugs. Not one bit. I actually contacted one of the world's foremost authorities on arachnids to ask some questions (what kind of landscaping attracts them, what locations, geographically, are less ideal for them, etc.). She basically said I needed therapy because they're everywhere, which is true, but that was a bit mean. Anyway, Svalbard has just 14 species of them. Unfortunately, they're all pretty hardy and hideous.

I think it started when I was a little kid and let a tarantula crawl across my arm at a museum. I was trying to look cool. Boy, was that dumb!

Duckie
16-01-09, 00:31
Yeah I walked by a man at a pet store and he had it on his shoulder showing everyone.

Worse part is Hubby WANTS one as a pet! That will be the day we will get a divorce!!!! I am dead serious!

Wenjoy
16-01-09, 16:04
Im jumpy around spiders and last night my big dog leapt up from watching tv with me and danced round in a circle tossing a housespider she had caught in her mouth around in the air and then playing with it. She left its body on the carpet after nibbling its legs off!!! my hero!!! Wenjoy x

HighwayMiles
17-01-09, 01:21
I bought cats because people told me the cats would kill the spiders. Nope. They stare at them and then go off and attack carpet fuzz instead. Stupid cats. :mad: