PDA

View Full Version : new here and scared

darkphantom
06-07-05, 22:02
Hi
I found this site today, im a young 43yr old, i have had depression for 5yrs, i also get panic attacks and i self harm. i am married and my hubby has supported me. my mum 2 younger brothers and a half sister have been no support to me and do not speak to me. my sister told me to end my life a few months ago.
Because of that i have lost all trust in people, most of my time is now spent indoors because i am scared to make new friends in case they hurt me like my family, i have had several suicide attempts the last one nearly worked.
at the moment each day is getting harder and harder, i feel so down and lonely, i use to be the life and soul of the party i was the joker in the pack, i so much want that feeling back. but im slipping deeper and deeper into a black hole. In the last 2 weeks i have only eaten 2 meals and have lost weight which isnt good as i am diabetic.
I feel that because my family hate me i must be a bad person, i just feel like a burden and a loser.
The doc has taken me off my meds due to the overdoses, and the damage they have done.
I so much want to get well again but I cant stand being alone,
I have many hobbies from dogshowing, art, theme parks, collecting many things, but i cant do them.
I live in little village in hertfordshire, but i was born in portsmouth, and brought up in yeovil somerset which i still call home.
thats all i can think of at the moment,

seh1980
06-07-05, 22:08
Hello and welcome aboard!! :)

The way you feel is very normal so please don't think that it's not. Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure we can offer you some good support and that you will make some good friends here. Come join us in the chatroom if you fancy a chat..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pinkscrumpy
06-07-05, 23:18
Hi Susie

Welcome

Hope we can help

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Insomniac
06-07-05, 23:24
Hi Susie.

My hubby is my greatest support too. My family don't always understand and so sometimes they're unhelpful. Having someone close to you is worth a great deal.

Just knowing you're not alone is reassuring. I haven't been a member for long myself, but you definitely get loads of support.

Glad you found us here. :)

Lisa.

Jrank
06-07-05, 23:45
Welcome and know there is hope for you. I am in collegew and just finished a cbt group and it is changing my life. Try and find a cbt group in your area or read the books by Sam Obitz and Michelle Craske as they will change your life if you work at the exercises. You can and will find relief.

shybabyboo
07-07-05, 00:01
my family isnt all that supportive either. they used to say that i only wanted attention whenever i had a panic attack. my family still isnt all that supportive and i have no one to talk to. im pretty muching all on my own. but hang in there and im sure all will be fine :)

Jenn

glasgowkaren
07-07-05, 00:06
hey welcome to the forum....im soz u feel so alone..hopefully u wont now

kaz xxxx :)

karen porter

clickaway
07-07-05, 01:00
Hi....

...and welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you found us - so many people get a lot of support from this site - most people in real life don't really understand our needs and we feel uneasy about talking to them - here its different as we all know how crap it can be, whether we suffer from depression, anxiety, or whatever.

A small number of us are meeting up in central London early next month - it would be good if you could make it - very few of us here have ever met up in real life!

[Link removed as post deleted]

Don't forget we have a chatroom too, you are more than welcome!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge/chat/chat.html

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

bluebottle
07-07-05, 06:44
Hi Susie,

Fellow depression sufferer here. Feeling scared is absolutely normal with depression and a lot of the time our families are less than helpful because a lot of the time they are at the root of it. What a surprise hey, not?

Check out my "space" Susie - http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/ - for some good books on the subject, and welcome, good to have you join us.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

nomorepanic
07-07-05, 08:46
Susie

Just wanted to give you a big warm welcome to the forum.

I hope that we can help with some of your issues and we are always here if you want to ask any questions or just have a moan.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

leo05
07-07-05, 16:19
hi susie

welcome to the site

i to self harm so understand where you are coming from so feel free to pm me or email me anytime

take care leanne [8D]

sal
09-07-05, 23:00
Hi and welcome to the site, you will get lots of support and people who understand just how you feel.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

jill
11-07-05, 00:05
Hi Susie

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Cinders4
11-07-05, 22:05
You are most certainly not a bad person.. And you will get better, because you want to. If you didnt you wouldnt have looked for and found this site.

Reading others stories will make you realise you are not on your own.

The forum will support you like a family. It has helped me so much and I know it will you too.

Take care and keep posting
x

dan04
11-07-05, 23:42
Hi,
Your family won't hate you, they probably just don't know how to deal with your problems. Mine also told me that I should kill myself if I was that miserable (hardly good advice, but they didn't know any better) but it is possible to turn the corner and climb out of that black hole.
Dan.