PDA

View Full Version : Good News

LACEYA1961
15-01-09, 23:44
Well I went to see my therapist for the first time today and I have to say it was a very good experience even though I had a panic attack while there lol. Poor guy had to walk me outside before I took off running for the car. He actually stood out in the freezing snow to help me feel better. I was amazed he cared so much.

Anyway, He diagnosed me with panic disorder, OCD and agoraphobia. He was very understanding and helpful and told me he's going to help me get my disability benefits going so I can get the medical care I need. He's convinced all this anxiety/panic stemmed from the imbalance I suffer from and that now is chronic. I suspected as much but feel so much better having a dr confirm it. I'll be starting CBT next week.

He believes that once I get to an ENT and find out what is causing the imbalance that all the anxiety and panic I feel will get better over time. Since I've only suffered from anxiety/panic for three years he thinks my recovery will be very successful. What an answer to prayer.

Although the trip today has exhausted me I am very upbeat about all of this.

It's been a good day :yesyes:

Lacey

keith113
15-01-09, 23:51
Hi Lacey

I am pleased that things are working out for you Lacey. I hope the ENT treatment makes you feel better.

Best wishes
Keith

Duckie
15-01-09, 23:51
Yay Lacey!!!!:yesyes: :yahoo: :hugs:

Duckie xx

orangeblossom
16-01-09, 00:58
Woohoo Lacey!

I'm SO pleased for you! It is really wonderful when someone is actually helpful and you know that there is that light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck!

x x

Anxious_gal
16-01-09, 01:19
I'm glad you got diagnosed and had a good experience, your doctor sounds awesome!

Dublin_Man
16-01-09, 14:53
most doctors are w**kers

money grabbers thats it

LACEYA1961
16-01-09, 15:26
Thank you so much everyone for your kind replies. The support I find here is awesome.

Dublin? Try not to be so negative, hon. I prayed a lot for an answer and to me God answered that prayer. By the way, I pay no money to see this therapist...which is also another answer to prayer since God knows I can't pay since I'm unable to work to make money.

I think what made this dr so sympathetic was the fact that he was paralyzed for nine years and had to go through the horrible process of trying to get disability benefits in the beginning of his ordeal. He knows how hard it is to get health care when you can't work and have no insurance. Here in America, if you're disabled, it takes FOREVER to get disability because so many people fake their illnesses so they don't have to work. It's really a shame and makes it so much harder on us that truly need the benefits.

Thanks again everyone xoxoxox

Lacey