PDA

View Full Version : Constant headache, please help:S

Alexy
16-01-09, 00:15
For the past 3/4 days or so i have had a weird kind of headache, that has been constant. Although the thing is, its not like a normal headache, it started of as like a pain in the right side of my head at the back, which then lead me to notice every little thing, and although it may sound strange, its as though i have noticed the weight of my brain or something, it feels as if there is a weight or something in my head. Although paracetamol reduces the feeling slightly, i still feel kind of faint, and like everything around me isnt real..if that makes sense? Iv been to see my doctor who has given me cocodamol tablets..will have to see how that goes..... im terrified its a brain tumour, or something else nasty, and im terrified of going to sleep in case i never wake up:( Im a 17 year old female btw.

daniellemarie
16-01-09, 10:34
hiya alexy u sound just like me 1st mine was cervical cancer cuz i had water infections a lot then i started with headaches i ahd them for over 1 year every day REALY but i no why now i never stopped worrying about it the pain traveled from side to side ending in my neck then i thort i have a tumour in the back of my head u see i have had my eyes tested and the opticion can see tumours most any way so because the pain was stiff neck with a headache i was convinced i had a brain tumour i would get so up set and worked up i wud walk round actualy thinkin of me dieing i was scared to sleep do any thin it was ruining my life i have had sinuse xrays to see if my headaches wud stop but no any way my doctor put me on amatriptaline to stop the headaches get me out of the routine of haveing headaches and it worked i stopped worrying then then the headaches stopped all to gether try syndol from the chemist they worked great for me they are for tension headaches im 21 now i worryed for 2 years i hadf a brain tumour its on;y like 5 months a go these thorts stopped i got constipation i thort i had bowel cancer to be onist u keep worryin it will get worse its the anxiety it gives so many symptoms i wudnt liosten to no one or no reason i cant go out and enjoy a drink idont like the feelin in my head of it i start worryin about my head still at times its like when im in my town center my head starts feeling foggy like my eyes shrink to the bback of my head i satret paceing rubbin my head smellin olbas oil i get stabbin pains im convinced im guna pass out or brain hemerage its horrible usaly i try to ignore it but it still is there why i walk round i am citalopram for my anxiety it is a great tablet i was on them b4 but came off them cuz i got better i started collage i was going town alone the head feelings stopped i was like a new person but when i came off them 2 months on im the same but its because i ahve had upset beetween me and my boyfriend it got me anxiouse again so it started again i wish i cud tell u its just anxiety but when any 1 said that 2 me i wud feel better for a hour or soo then a pain then bk to same old u should talk to your doctor hope this helps Danielle xxx

angietomjimandcass
16-01-09, 10:52
I had this and when to the dr he said it was tention headache and i took sindol and that helped.

Alexy
18-01-09, 17:21
Thank you very much for the replies:)
Danielle you sound JUST like me, seriously, if its not one thing its another, its so awful, it is actually stopping me from being able to live normally,like im too afriad to plan for the future, because i dunno if ill make it:(
I too have had an eye test, said it was fine, but this was before this headache, and im scared its something that has developed since then:S
blehh i really really hate this:(

thanks for the replies though, they have beedn very helpful:) xxxx

agingwuss
18-01-09, 17:29
The headache you are getting really took me back - it sounds JUST like the problem I had in 1993 [before this brilliant forum existed]. I was quite convinced I had a tumour. My doctor tried at the time everything but no luck. He told me he was convinced it was anxiety & tension but I didn't believe him. In the end he tried what he told me was a new idea for constant headaches like mine - an anti-depressant [I can't remember which one]. I was most put out as I wasn't depressed - anxious yes, depressed no! Yet it worked like a charm & I've never had it back since. But I'll never forget the pain & the terror - every day, all the time. I really feel for you.:hugs:

daniellemarie
19-01-09, 19:07
Thank you very much for the replies:)
Danielle you sound JUST like me, seriously, if its not one thing its another, its so awful, it is actually stopping me from being able to live normally,like im too afriad to plan for the future, because i dunno if ill make it:(
I too have had an eye test, said it was fine, but this was before this headache, and im scared its something that has developed since then:S
blehh i really really hate this:(

thanks for the replies though, they have beedn very helpful:) xxxx
hiya alexy i no exacly what u mean iwas to scared to plan any thin happy or to scared to plan the future i always thort whats the point what if im dieing or im ill my life stopped realy all day every day worrying i am much better now i am not as abd but i do still worry i have ear ache i think i have got an abbcess in my ear and its guna travel to my brain my bf reasures me but i say what if it is some times if i think about actualy dieing one day omg the terror i just cant go there are yr family help ful mine r ok my sister suffers from anxiety but hers is to do with the earth she thinks the worlds guna end ifd there is an orange sky the skys falling u see i find that strange but she thinks im strange worryin all the time i went my nieces party the other day i was sat nervs going if i think i cnt breath i keep breathin in deep to make sure i can all things ,like that ido its horrible i am tryin to stop it but its so hard 1 mo thing alexy here is my addy for msn if u wont to talk or u are worying just talk to me i will be glad to helpp u i no what its like and it helps when sum1 helps u and talks to u its daniellemarie1987@hotmail.com xx