PDA

View Full Version : hi im new to this

tanya 1
16-01-09, 11:35
hi,i have been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety for many years now im 24, live with my partner and we have a 3 year old daughter together,i find it hard to take my daughter out on my own beacause i get panicky,which really gets me down,i would like to talk to people who have anxiety or panic attacks beacause my family are really helpfull but sometimes i feel like they dont understand. tanya1 x:)

spaced
16-01-09, 11:40
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Patty
16-01-09, 13:13
Hi Tanya, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

alias_kev
16-01-09, 22:42
Hi Tanya, welcome to the forum well done for joining and starting to talk to us. There is some good information on the Main Menu to the left, for example Panic Attacks (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=panicattack). Personally I have found the information pages at the charity Anxiety Care (http://www.AnxietyCare.org.uk)very helpful as well.

That sort of information is a good place to start as it will help you to understand yourself and judge any advice you are given.

Its sad that the problem is affecting your ability to care for your daughter but on the positive side that's probably what has spurred you on to look for advice & help. This is an important step.

You said anxiety/panic has affected you for years, did it get worse recently or is it only (!) more challenging as your daughter gets older?

weeble40
17-01-09, 00:18
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
17-01-09, 20:57
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

lorac
17-01-09, 21:30
Hi Tanya

Welcome to the site I think you will find many people on here who understand and will offer you some good advice and support.

Take care

Carol