PDA

View Full Version : Does one cause the other?

w_burns
16-01-09, 11:47
Hi guys, I have been diagnosed with depression since 2004 and have been taking Fluoxetine (Prozac) and Olanzopine (Zyprexa) for it. I have always been anxious about health problems. Do you think that depression can cause health anxiety and vice versa? How many other members here have had one and then developed another?

Will :)

no-fear
19-01-09, 18:14
I think the two tend to go hand in hand, just depends what comes first.

Phill2
20-01-09, 05:13
You left out PAs then anxiety which is how it went for me
Phill :shades:

shortstuff
20-01-09, 12:26
My GP said that it is more common for depression to follow anxiety, but in my case the opposite was true. Unfortunately I have learned that order doesn't matter as for me it is a cycle which I am struggling to break.

w_burns
23-01-09, 17:34
You left out PAs then anxiety which is how it went for me
Phill :shades:
Sorry Phill i'm a scatterbrain I always forget summat:blush: is there anyway I can amend the poll?

sunshine-lady
23-01-09, 18:57
I have Bipolar and depression, anxiety and panic attacks are part of my illness

pooh
28-01-09, 14:25
depression then increased anxiety levels then panic attacks

prettykitty2009
06-02-09, 21:38
It was definatly depression first for me followed by panic attacks but now I seem to get the panic attacks and anxiety before the depression hits!

lnd500
06-02-09, 21:56
hey, i have been diagnosed with depression on and off since i was about 15, i'm now 21 and not suffered anxiety bar the very infrequent panic attack. This time anxiety; waking up feeling like my heart is beating out of my chest, nervousness, not wanting to be around other people, meant that i have stayed in and that has led to me feeling depressed. Overall depression came first but short term i think one can cause the other x

jeanie2009
07-02-09, 17:39
hi

i got depression then panic and anxiety attacks

Yvonne
11-02-09, 20:14
Hi

My anxiety definitely caused the depression.

I have seen a few psychiatrists - one told me that anxiety and depression are so close she saw them as the very same illness. Whether this is true or not I don't know. However, I have had other shrinks indicate this is a fact. The two simply go together. They're best mates the little demons.

Keeway
16-06-09, 11:49
Hi
I had anxiety and panic attacks then depression, then I turned to alcohol and made it all worse and ended up in hospital. Now have mainly anxiety with mild depression. Each much better than last year.