PDA

View Full Version : Cant cope today

mabelina
16-01-09, 16:52
Ive been doing so well for weeks now, going out shopping, out for meals, and generally feeling "normal" again. I came in from a great shopping trip yesterday and had a bad Palp which frightened the life out of me. My mood immediatelly went down to zero and i have been in bed ever since. I feel my depression has hit me with a bang and all i want to do is burst out crying. I feel i cant cope with whats going on around me e.g. hearing the tv on downstairs, my parents walking back and forth. Its like im going to lose my mind any second. Please tell me im not alone?

Trapped
16-01-09, 17:57
No, you are not, i sometimes want total quiet, but often I can't even get it at night.........

Lozzie
19-01-09, 10:24
Hi mabelina,

First of all you are not alone, we all have days where something happens and makes us feel like we have lost all hope of getting better and feel like we have gone back to square one but often we are wrong, it's just our negative look on things that makes us think we have failed when actually we have done really well.
You should be very proud of yourself, you have done so well!! :hugs:
You went out shopping and had meals out, and most importantly you felt like you again! that is a brilliant achievement!
Please don't do what we all tend to do, please don't forget how well you have done! Keep reminding yourself of those days, remember how you felt on those days, how good it felt while you were out and feeling yourself again. Write it down in a diary and look back at it when your feeling low.
Believe me you are not back at square one, you are doing so well!
Keep at it and remember that we all have our bad days, and on our bad days we tend to focus on how bad we are feeling and not all the good we have done!
Don't lose hope sweetie, you are doing really well :hugs:
Take care
Laura x

Xoa1978
19-01-09, 11:51
Hi x Having bad and good days is totally normal. Some days I think so much i cant get off the couch then the next day I am happy as:D. But don't beat yourself up over it honey x

mabelina
19-01-09, 12:50
Thanks ever so much for your replies:) I was beginning to think i WAS alone seeing how many people had read my post but no-one had replied. I love the good days so much, i always say to my boyfriend "its so good to feel normal today". Isnt it amazing how feeling "normal" is taken for granted?