PDA

View Full Version : feeling weird AGAIN and depressed with it

kimmy
07-07-05, 08:12
last night i was working at a youth club for young people with downs syndrome. it was really nice atmosphere, but my mind started thinking about mental health stuff. my legs felt numb and i was really spaced out! i carried on as usual which was good, i thaught my speech got a bit weird at times though. my mind was racing all night, i kept thinking what if i actually make myself have a nervous breakdown or something. :( i mean can i?????? ive been doing so well, my doctor has put my tablets up to 20mg again, thats depressed me abit. im due on too so i know i get a bit anxous then too.

mjh74
07-07-05, 10:40
Hi Kimmy,

Sorry to hear you've felt a bit rough. I've just posted something that relates to what you've posted. I, like you get a racing mind and sometimes find myself not being able to shape words properly or say what I'm trying to. I also fear that I will end up with a breakdown but I think that's just us allowing ourselves to think irrationally whilst feeling anxious. I find that 'at the time' I'm feeling anxious and my mind is racing, things seem terrible, scary and wrong but later the same or next day when I've calmed down I can look back and think 'why did I feel like that?'

Hope this helps,

Mark

seh1980
07-07-05, 10:47
hi Kimmy,

The way you're feleing is very normal. I have the same thing. I get a while of irrational thoughts and then feel silly for having made myself feel so unwell. You won't have a mental breakdown - don't worry!!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kimmy
07-07-05, 20:47
SEE I THINK TO MYSELF, WHAT ACTUALLY HAS CAME FIRST???? THE THAUGHTS OR THE FEELINGS, IM SURE ITS THE FEELINGS, THEN MY MIND JUST GOES ON ONE AFTER THAT!! THEN I GET SCARED COZ I THINK WHAT IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG!

Meg
07-07-05, 22:46
With health anxiety it is the ' not right' feelings that do often come first and the thoughts about this that then spiral out of control about these feelings which then increase the viscious circle.

With other situations like agoraphobia its the thoughts about doing something that bring on the feelings and then this cycles round too.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?