PDA

View Full Version : Im a bit new to all this

sallyx
16-01-09, 18:03
Today i went to see my doctor as in 2007 she got me to go see a councler ..
That didnt work . went to see her again today and now she has put me on citalopram and i feel so weak now . did anyone elts feel like they have just thought a battle and now lost it?
i was told it was afta my nana died that it is becuase i havnt got over the hole prossess of her dieing , and iv bin fighting this now for 6 years.. now i just feel like iv lost a fight that iv tryed so hard to keep fighting
im only 18 and i just feel too young to go thro this

ElizabethJane
16-01-09, 22:16
Dear Sally I'm sorry that you are feeling like this. I notice that you are new to the forum and I wish you a belated welcome. There are many young people who can relate to the feelings that you describe. The anti depressants will take a few weeks for you to feel any benefit from them. Even after six years you can still be feeling grief about your Nanas death. She was a very important person in your life? Even though I dont go in myself after a week of membership of nmp you will be able to use the chatroom and find much support there. Tryto be a little less hard on yourself. There is much support to be gained from here.

tanya 1
16-01-09, 23:09
:) hi sally,
im a new member 2day im 24 so still young like you,i just read your message and thought i would reply,im on citalopram have been for a while now i think they take the edge off your anxiety and you do start to feel better,it took me years to take medication because i thought it would mean i was weak but,without them it felt like i was never getting any better but now im rebuilding my confidence,slowly but im getting there i just need a bit of help from medcine thats all,and thats what you should try to think.
hope this advice helps x

sallyx
16-01-09, 23:31
Thanks Yes elizabeth my nan was very importent she was like a 2nd mother to me i could talk to her about anything was a very big inpact when she died ... i just hope with the support im getting so far and the pills this will help me see that maybe im not weak

And thank you tanya Yea i see that there are quite alot of young people on here thank you for the advice x

starting to get to the point tho where i think of quitting work cuz i just brake down and i actuli work in a shop so i cant really just brake down on the till like i normaly do untill im better to be able to work and iv not been there very long ither so its a bit of a stuggle in that aswell