PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

starlight78
16-01-09, 19:01
Hi All,

I'm new here! I'm 32 year old female and I actually work in mental health and have done for most of my career.

I have suffered from Depression in the past but manage to keep it at bay pretty well these days. Despite this I am by nature a pretty anxious person and dont have enough fingers and toes to count my anxieties and phobias! My main concern at the moment is fear of flying!!! any tips greatefully recieved!

Thanks for reading. I look forawrd to being part of this website.

Best Wishes x

bottleblond
16-01-09, 19:12
Hi Starlight

Welcome to NMP :flowers: It's lovely to see you here and i look forward to getting to know you.

Lisa
xx

SilverFern
16-01-09, 19:19
Hello, and welcome to NMP! I am a new member as well and I think this site has helped me so much already in the past two weeks. Just reading the posts makes you realise you're not alone. Although fear of flying is not one of my anxieties I do know how you feel as I have experienced fear of other things. I know you have to keep on doing things again and again to make them easier but, of course, with a fear of flying that's not so easy! Anyway, all the best and I'm sure you'll get some good advice from other members.

spaced
16-01-09, 20:03
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

tanya 1
16-01-09, 22:06
:) hi starlight,
ive only just joined on here 2day,but just read your message and thought i would reply,i used to really panic on planes too,i used to get myself in a state days before but i would always push myself to go,i used to panic really bad on take off thinking (what if i want to get off) so i found it really helpfull to take a book with me or magazine and really try and concentrate on reading it,i would take deep breaths and really try to distract myself then after about 20 minutes i would start calming down,i also think chanting in your head like(i can do it ) helps.
hope this helps you. x

Patty
16-01-09, 22:09
Hi Starlight78, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

weeble40
17-01-09, 00:19
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
17-01-09, 21:27
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

lorac
17-01-09, 21:42
Hi Starlight

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol