PDA

View Full Version : im new

PAULDEX_30
16-01-09, 20:24
hi im new to this site but been suffering health anxiety for 4 years also on cbt and trazadone but for no reason i can feel dizzy short of breath tight chested even when i dont deal anxous i can be just sat at my laptop and it will comeout of the blue which worrys me as you have to feel anxous to get symptoms

amandaj
16-01-09, 20:39
hi im on trazadone aswell wonder if connection between breathlessness and this tab as ive got it 24/7

amanda

PAULDEX_30
16-01-09, 20:41
i dont know i take 1 5ml spoon at night but i get breathless for nothing dont even feal anxious thats what worrys me my doctor has said anxiety a second doctor said same and my cbt consultant says same but for these symptoms to ccome out of the blue is verry worrying and it takes ages for them to go away

LeeBee
16-01-09, 20:44
One thing I've learned about this anxiety malarky over the past year or two is that you don't have to be feeling anxious or having anxious thoughts to get symptoms.

I think this is because of what happens physiologically when you are stressed or anxious. You get a release of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. Those hormones don't just switch on and off like a tap and they don't leave your bloodstream straight away. Also, the stimulation they cause, especially on your nervous system, doesn't go away immediately but can last for days after you've had an anxious period. For me, I find that this is particularly the case with hand trembling.

I also find that as soon as you feel a symptom, you start focusing on it, sometimes without even being aware that you are doing so. It can be vaguely worrying you at the back of your mind, all the while your anxiety levels are slowly creeping up. Which makes the symptom(s) worse.

PAULDEX_30
16-01-09, 20:51
ye thats bang on for past 10 week been having bloated ness and cramp in stomah so been prodding and pressing lots of times every day checking for a lump my doctor checked said no lumps all normal and im a 31 year old healthy male my girlfreind also says im fine and bowel or stomach cancer is un heard of in my age my main doctor came back and i said to her will you check she said no ??? as 3 year ago i had every blood test on the plannet done and been checked religeusly for past 2 years going from doc to doc worrying about cancer of stomach tecticals head under arm lungs and she said she doesnt need to check me as i dont have it also my cbt therapist who was a nurse said i dont have bowel or stomach cancer but the symptoms persist daily and i still worry about them and to top it all i get ache in chest breathless dizzyness im struggling to cope

amandaj
16-01-09, 21:09
hi again not sure how much dosage in england 5mls is, i take 150mg tab a night, im always checking for lumps bumps etc aswell