PDA

View Full Version : Help Please? I Think I'm Going To Die >_<

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:06
Please Please Please will someone talk to me?

I have a habit of cracking my neck, and I did it just now and it REALLY hurt, I've started thinking I bust a vein in my neck and I'm going to die.

OMG Will someone please talk to me?
What would happen if I popped a vein in my neck?
How long would it take me to die?
Is this even possible?
Please someone reply I'm proper proper freaking out and need someone to talk to

LeeBee
16-01-09, 21:10
You don't have a burst vein in your neck :) so stop worrying. The pain will probably be muscular, or you might have pinched a nerve. Try GENTLY stretching it, slowly and carefully turning your head from one side to the other, down to your chest and then look up at the ceiling. The movements should be very slow and gentle.

And stop "cracking" your neck.

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:11
I daren't move my head at all... I'm afraid it will 'speed up the process' of dying :S

LeeBee
16-01-09, 21:12
How would moving your head do that?

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:14
I have no idea !! >_< Because I'm crazy? :S

I don't know, I keep thinking because I'm going dizzy (Probs from panicking and hyperventilating) -Wow I can't even spell in this state- That blood is not going to my head and I'm going to die.

I'm sorry for sounding so stupid, it's really embarassing freaking out like this, but I can't control it.

LeeBee
16-01-09, 21:21
Don't be embarrassed - you're having a panic attack. We've all had em on here.

Once a PA starts it feeds itself on your fear. You need to divert it, stop feeding it. The worst that will happen is that you'll get a full-on panic attack. It won't actually hurt you, but isn't nice.

Try counting your breath in and counting it out - in for 5 slow counts, out for 5 slow counts. Some people say that lying on your back while you do this can help.

Distaction often works for me - make yourself do something absorbing and enjoyable. Make a cup of tea and maybe come back on here and answer some forum posts, or watch a dvd. It'll feel weird at first because that voice in your head will still be screaming at you that you're dying but it's WRONG you are not. They're just thoughts and they can't hurt you.

jkse
16-01-09, 21:22
you have prolly alreade gotten over this but just in case...YOU HAVE NOT POPPED A VEIN!!!! if that would have been the case u would not have been able to type this...you are fine...trye taking deep breaths... you are going to be okay

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:25
Thankyou for your replies, and no I haven't gotten over it. I think I'm calming down a bit but not much :S

I keep finding myself holding my breath whilst refreshing the page for some reason !!

I knew I should have gone to the doctors today, but I told myself I'd be fine.... Grr..

LeeBee
16-01-09, 21:28
I've made a doctor's appointment before, and then cancelled it because I was feeling better, and then regretted cancelling it because I felt worse again! Night times are the worst for me and when I most need distraction to stop the panicky and/or sad thoughts. You're going to be OK, honey :hugs:.

jkse
16-01-09, 21:30
is there anyone around to comfort u... i find it really helpful to go for a walk outside with a loved one when i am going through this the fresh air REALLY HELPS... just keep talking deep breaths... i have been here... try drinking some water...just think of it this way if you would have burst a vein somthing MAJOR would have happened by now especially if it were in you neck.. osrry about me being blunt...but the importaant thing to know is u are going to be FINE....just relax

spaced
16-01-09, 21:31
you're going to be okay try to calm down all the stress and upet wont do you or the baby any good. hope you feel better soon

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:35
Thankyou LeeBee :) That's normally the case for me, and thankyou for replying so many times [:

jkse: No, there is no-one around to comfort me. I'm staying at my mum's and she just keeps telling me to go to sleep and to stop being stupid ! I daren't go outside by myself incase something happens when I'm outside.

Thanks for your replies, I'm so scared >_<

Would it be possible for you to bust a vein but only so it was leaking a bit or something? And then bleed to death or get a hematoma or something ? OmG I sound like a proper loon. :(

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:42
I'm doing your head in now aren't I =o/

CJH86
16-01-09, 21:47
Hi, veins are quite stretchy and elasticy...from what i know i dont think they burst very easy.

I think possibly if you burst a vein in you neck and it was leaking the area would become swollen and the area under the skin would become blackened/reddish colour...

my mum actually bust a small vein in her finger once and it was very visible

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:53
So it would just be like a bruise? Or keep bleeding ?

amu
16-01-09, 21:55
Em, you would be long dead by now! You would have been dead or unconscious within a few minutes.

Emaa
16-01-09, 21:57
I'd normally have calmed down by now and I'm still freaking out alot, I'm sorry for keeping this post going and not calming down, I just can't shake the feeling that I'm dying.

It's probably because I'm not at home or something, or because I'm alone.

This is a long shot but does anyone have msn or anything that I could talk to?

amu
16-01-09, 21:58
Actually, I think I've had this before! Is it like when you suddenly move your head, and you feel this sudden huge pain that feels as if it was a stroke at least and your neck feels numb and tingly your whole head feels weird? I've had that before and it's very scary, but nothing ever happened.:hugs:

Emaa
16-01-09, 22:00
Kind of yeah, but not the burning thing that I usually get when I move my neck too fast or something, It just hurt.

OMG I don't even know what I'm blabbing on about now I feel like I'm dreaming or something. I just want it to stop !!!

Thanks for replying btw and not just reading and running [: It means ALOT.x

CJH86
16-01-09, 22:02
Well judging by what happened to my mum when the vein burst in her finger, a lot of pain, swelling and redness...and that was a tiny vein!

Id think if it was a big vein, loss of consciousness in minutes

But like i said veins dont tend to just burst (they are deceptivley tough), if you think about it in car accidents when people get whiplash injuries to their neck...veins dont tend to burst then and thats quite a bit of force

I know how you feel though i used to worry about these kind of things! but i study a medical related subject now and id say its not really something worth worrying about :)

Emaa
16-01-09, 22:04
Yeah I guess with the car accident thing, and I don't think I found anything when I googled, I don't know - I can't remember.
Thanks for replying [:

CJH86
16-01-09, 22:06
My advise is not to google anything....altho saying that i did wake up with a numb finger, probably after laying on my hand...and i was straight to Dr google:D

Emaa
16-01-09, 22:12
Yeah I'm trying not to go back to google. I'm on mosthauntedlive.net instead LOL!

I'm calming down a bit now, but I'm still shaky and I'm still thinking I'm going to die - Although not as much.
Thanks for replying [:

Emaa
16-01-09, 22:38
No now I'm panicking again now >_<
I'm scared to move my head

LeeBee
16-01-09, 22:49
If you had a burst vein or blood vessel in your neck, it really wouldn't make any difference whether you moved your head or not. Your heart pumps the blood whether you move your head or not. So, regardless of movement, the blood would be coming out of the vein/vessel. You would see the bleeding under your skin, the area would look bruised or red and swollen. But you can't see it because you don't have a burst blood vessel.

Please try to do something else for a while. Give yourself a time limit: I won't think about my neck for 10 minutes. Do something else.

Emaa
16-01-09, 22:55
I'm sorry.

NervousNellie
16-01-09, 23:40
My neck pops constantly and I'm still around to type this!! That has to do with your muscles, not your veins. You're fine!! Veins don't just randomly pop for no reason....

LeeBee
16-01-09, 23:44
I don't mean to sound harsh, Emaa :). I really hope you feel better soon. Your anxiety is being mean to you.

Emaa
17-01-09, 00:09
My neck pops constantly and I'm still around to type this!! That has to do with your muscles, not your veins. You're fine!! Veins don't just randomly pop for no reason....

I'm sorry. I know it's stupid, I was only coming here for a bit of reassurance and hoping to find someone to talk to.

It's been a long time since my anxiety has been this bad, and I can't remember how I used to cope. I'm under alot of stress right now which is probably why it's getting out of hand, I've also moved into my own home which has had a massive impact on my mental health.

Anyway, thanks for replying - And I know that my fears are completely irrational.. But when I'm in this state they feel real, and I genuinley believe I'm dying.

Nechtan
17-01-09, 00:54
I'm sorry. I know it's stupid, I was only coming here for a bit of reassurance and hoping to find someone to talk to.

It's been a long time since my anxiety has been this bad, and I can't remember how I used to cope. I'm under alot of stress right now which is probably why it's getting out of hand, I've also moved into my own home which has had a massive impact on my mental health.

Anyway, thanks for replying - And I know that my fears are completely irrational.. But when I'm in this state they feel real, and I genuinley believe I'm dying.

Don't stress about your posts. We have all been there. It doesn't matter how irrational the fear is because its still fear and therefore real. I hope the replies you've had give you some reassurance. When you get into a state of panic it is very difficult to take things in. Please try to relax as much as you can, loosen your body and have a read through the replies again and hopefully you will find some solace there.

If a major vein had gone then you would not be able to type at the moment- please think on this. It sounds like you have maybe jerked your neck and it might be unformfortable for a while but will go. I hope you can find some calm in these posts.

Take care and never apologise for being afraid- we all know how to be afraid

All the best

Nechtan

NervousNellie
17-01-09, 01:35

I'm sorry if I sounded so harsh....but sometimes that's what people need in order to realize that they are OK!! I can certainly understand what anxiety is capable of....I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't suffer from it myself!! You have a lot going on right now. I've moved several times and when you finally get into your own home, it's a big adjustment. But things will calm down once you get settled in and get into a routine. In the meantime, don't worry about your neck. My neck has been popping since I was 5 years old. I went through 2 pregnancies and 2 c-sections and my neck has never caused me any trouble, other than the annoying popping! Relax and enjoy your new home!!