PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

PAULDEX_30
16-01-09, 21:29
for past 10 week been having bloated ness and cramp in stomah so been prodding and pressing lots of times every day checking for a lump my doctor checked said no lumps all normal and im a 31 year old healthy male my girlfreind also says im fine and bowel or stomach cancer is un heard of in my age my main doctor came back and i said to her will you check she said no ??? as 3 year ago i had every blood test on the plannet done and been checked religeusly for past 2 years going from doc to doc worrying about cancer of stomach tecticals head under arm lungs and she said she doesnt need to check me as i dont have it also my cbt therapist who was a nurse said i dont have bowel or stomach cancer but the symptoms persist daily and i still worry about them and to top it all i get ache in chest breathless dizzyness im struggling to cope

amandaj
16-01-09, 21:32
same here bloated ,dizziness, going to loo every 5 mins breathlesness alll part of anxiety im told but we dont believe it do we
amanda

PAULDEX_30
16-01-09, 21:48
I Know My Usual Doctor Of 4 Years Says Im Ok But Because She Wont Check Me Keeps The Worrying Going AS I CARNT RULE IT OUT MYSELF even though my second doctor checked and no lumps but i carnt stop checking pressing prodding even my lass says im ok its like a instinkt to check

Utility
16-01-09, 23:54
Hi

Please try to calm down because it is your worrying that is causing this and nothing else.

The reason the doctor does not want to carry out any more tests is because you have already been examined and everything is fine, so by examining you further will only feed your fear. The result would come back saying that everything is fine but you would convince yourself that they had missed something. The circle would just go on and on.

Remember focus on the positive - two doctors have examined you and said you are fine. All the symptoms you describe are down to classic anxiety (dizzyness, chest pains, breathlessness and even the bloated cramp feelings )

Your girlfiend is correct, you are a healthy 30 year old who is just overly worried about something when you shouldn't be.

PAULDEX_30
16-01-09, 23:58
thanks no she did a phisical examination wouldnt refer me for any other tests like barium swallow or camera as said i didnt need and now the doctor i see all the time wont even examine me she says if she did id move on to something else and its just anxiety but its hard to take her word when the sytmptoms persist she is a great doctor and has checked me loads of times thats why she wont check me she says she knows im fine and it will go soon

june
17-01-09, 11:51
as you are a new member have you looked at the "symptoms" in the Main Menu on the left of screen?
It very helpful on these symptoms and others because if the symptom has been mentioned it has been researched and put in the 'menu' for us all to use.
Hope this helps!! and yes i agree your symptoms are ANXIETY related
best wishes
june