PDA

View Full Version : stomach pain in morning and extreme tiredness

lisa24
16-01-09, 22:15
Hello!!

I have had this problem for over 2 years now. I wake up most mornings with an aching pain in my stomach area, but once i move around it goes. Also I cannot remember the last time I didn't feel tired all day long!! my body isn't tired, it's my eyes. I have had an eye test and all is fine. My docor has said it is excess acid build up in my sleep which is causing the pain in the morning. I am on 15mg lansoprazole twice a day. At first it did make a difference but gradually the pain came back. I am waiting to have an endoscopy but we all know what the NHS can be like so it wont be any time soon. I have been treated for stomach ulcers in the past 2 years that have cleared up. a lot of the time i wake up after 8/9 hours sleep, some of it restless, and feel like i havent slept at all. does anyone suffer with the same thing?? can anyone help?? My diet is good, i have given up smoking and i drink in moderation. I have had a stressful life and bad things have happened. i dont know wether this makes a difference. i have also suffered with depression in the past. can anyone help? x

Nechtan
16-01-09, 22:45
Hi,

Sorry but I don't know about the stomach issues you have. The extreme tiredness though is a symptom of prolonged anxiety and not a nice kind of tiredness. You'll find lots of similar threads on here as most of us have experienced it at one time or another. The nerves get so overworked by anxiety that they get tired and its not like a normal tiredness. Its more like a waking exhaustion which can be very agitating.

All the best

Nechtan

Dominic1975
16-01-09, 23:09
I am feeling same as you at the moment... I wake up not feeling refreshed, I go to work and can generally get through the morning.... but in the afternoon I feel really tired and its in the eye area... some days I am thinking how nice it would be to put my head on my desk and get 40 winks, and this is while im in a meeting and people are talking to me!!!!!
Sorry i have no wise words to avoid it... I normally go for a walk around the office and a chat to people, just to wake me up a little

Nechtan
16-01-09, 23:33
I am feeling same as you at the moment... I wake up not feeling refreshed, I go to work and can generally get through the morning.... but in the afternoon I feel really tired and its in the eye area... some days I am thinking how nice it would be to put my head on my desk and get 40 winks, and this is while im in a meeting and people are talking to me!!!!!
Sorry i have no wise words to avoid it... I normally go for a walk around the office and a chat to people, just to wake me up a little

I've not worked for a couple of years now but when I did at the end that is exactly how I was feeling. I had a job sitting at a computer all day and most of the time I had to hold my head supported by my left hand with the arm sort of wedges between it and the desk while using my right hand to type. I just could sit up straight I felt so tired. I also had to start going for walks outside to get some fresh air and go to the toilets to splash my face with water. Again I think it is like I said above that our nerves get so exhausted by being overworked and leave us extremely tired. And it is not a nice comfortable tiredness.

All the best

Nechtan

lisa24
17-01-09, 12:14
so what would be the best way for me to cope with this as it is making me more depressed and low. i cant enjoy activities or nights out because i am so tired?

Nechtan
19-01-09, 00:38
As far as I know I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about it except rest if you can. The best thing you can do is to try to relax more and don't tense so much when you get anxious- easier said than done I know. It is this that causes the tiredness so the best way really is to do as much to prevent it in the first place.

All the best

Nechtan

disney
26-03-10, 15:17
[QUOTE=lisa24;446532]Hello!!

Hi!

I would suggest that you check out salicylate sensitivity - salicylates are common chemicals found in many foods that can cause similar symptoms to what you describe. Best of luck.

disney
26-03-10, 15:19
Hi!

I would suggest that you check out salicylate sensitivity - salicylates are common chemicals found in many foods that can cause similar symptoms to what you describe. Best of luck.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif