PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Please

playman44
17-01-09, 12:01
i have to go away to work for a month,coming home at weekends, i am terrified ,becauseof my panic i hate being to far from home ,the last time i went i ended up having to go to hospital with a bad panic attack .i sit in my hotel room and panic that i am going to die and wont see my family again,and turn into a blubbering mess .not good for a 45 year old bloke .just wondered if anyone has any advice how to keep myself calm when i am away thanks :blush:

madinmayo
17-01-09, 12:59
I'm new on here so my advice might not be up to much! I'm thinking what would I do to in your position....have you any books etc on managing panic attacks etc? If you were able to read in your hotel room it might give you something to focus on and have some info on managing your panic. What make you relaxed? Certain music? etc.....

Sorry Im probably not much help...

Emaa
17-01-09, 15:20
When I have to be away from my family I just ring them and talk to them when I'm panicky and they calm me down. The other half even keeps his phone on so if I need him in the middle of the night (Which I always do!) I can phone him and wake him up lol....

The only things I can suggest are distraction? Read some books, watch some films, have a bath and chill out [:

If not why not just go for a walk? I've found that helps me in the early stages of panic, but not when I'm in a full on panic. xx

SilverFern
17-01-09, 15:24
Take some Rescue Remedy with you - and keep busy! Don't stay in your room too long.

Good luck!:winks: