PDA

View Full Version : lustral

finny12000
07-07-05, 15:34
hi all
just been to docs and hes perscribed lustral or sertraline for my anxiety.ive tried one antidepressant before and was a nightmare so hopefully this will sort me out although im anxious of even trying them.could anyone thats tried these and have worked please put a post in as im type that if i see a negative post i wont try at all.ive never had a panic attack or consider myself depressed but i am highly anxious and been getting worse so i thought id put a post on here before i try ....kev

k finnigan

melanie
07-07-05, 17:04
hi there,
i dont blame you for having worries about taking new tablets i am always cautiousbut always bin the leaflets as otherwise i start getting the side effects,i am a bit silly like that[^]Anyway to what you were saying i have been taking sertraline since christmas and for me other than seroxat they are the best tablets i have had and i have been taking them for about ten years.Personally i havent i havent had any side effects taking them but to be honest i found that it took a good 7-10 days before they started to kick in but now they really do help!
hope i have helped if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
mel xx

melanie

nomorepanic
07-07-05, 19:06
Hiya

Use the search facility to find previous posts as I know there are some. Otherwise they are probably under the medication category.

Happy reading!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

dizzydruid
08-07-05, 10:17
Hi,
I was prescribed Lustral and have been taking it for the last 10 days. I was first prescribed cipramil as my doctor said that was slightly better for anxiety however it gave me some horriblew side effects. I have found lustral to be so much better. I havent had any major side effects on it. Maybe slightly nausous at first and slightly tired but with a tiny bit if sleep disturbance but nothing major or worth coming off it. In fact after taking it for a couple of days I found myself feeling a lot better. My problems are still there and I worry but much much less than two weeks ago. i dont feel anywhere near as desperate or over the top anxious.
I havent had a panic attack for two weeks and I have only had the rush of adreneline I usually get when worked up once since I started.
Of course ADs cause different side effects in different people but as long as you are aware that any problems you get are down to the pills and no other reason then you should be ok. Cipramil made me feel manic. I couldnt keep still and was pacing around and unable to keep still. If you get any side effects that are horrible then do what I did. i phoned the doctor straight away and she immediately switched me to another and the side effects immediately stopped.
Hope this helps a little bit
lucy x

finny12000
15-07-05, 14:48
well peeps
been on tablets a week and now up to 50mg.i trained all week and been to seaside monday with no anxiety at all but had some later on in week.these tablets seem better than last ones and hopefully as time goes on will get even better.still have sleep issues but id rather have less anxiety during day than worry about sleep.
kev xxx

k finnigan

Meg
15-07-05, 15:16
Glad they're helping you Finny

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?