PDA

View Full Version : Going to miss 2 doses for 2 days...what happens if i do this?

Pill-Popper
17-01-09, 19:15
I've run out of citalopram!

I thought i had a repeat prescription but i must have misplaced it as i can't find it!

I cant go to the doctors today and get a repeat prescription as it's the weekend and they re-open on monday, so i'm going to miss at least 2 days worth of 20mg doses...is this ok?

Has anyone gone cold turkey for a few days? How did you feel?

tanya 1
17-01-09, 19:44
:) dont worry i have done this before for a couple of days and i felt fine,i did do it not so long ago for about a week though because i kept forgetting to pick them up thought id be ok but i started feeling really ill (light headed,drowsey and really panicky ) but that was only cause i hadnt taken any for about a week,so two or three days off them you shuold be fine,let me know how you get on

tanya 1 x

honeybee3939
17-01-09, 19:45
Pill

Do you have a emergency GP surgery that opens on a weekend in your area? I once forgot my prescription and i contacted a out of hours surgery which got one ready for me to pick up. Missing your dose might make you feel a bit rotten(heightened anxiety) what strength do you take?

:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

nomorepanic
17-01-09, 20:00
I agree with Andrea.

I called the out-of-hours doc a month ago as I needed some pain-killers and had run out and they gave me 10 to last the weekend.

Call them - I would NOT leave it 2 days without them.

tanya 1
17-01-09, 20:10
god im really really sorry,its just that i was ok without them but everyones different,i feel really really bad now telling you you would be ok,i was only trying to help i dont think i should offer any1 any advice anymore so sorry
tanya1 x

nomorepanic
17-01-09, 20:12
Tanya

Please don't be sorry at all. If you were fine that is great but I have known people stop for 2 days and be really poorly so I am offering my side of things as well.

Of course you should post your experience and you know how you were and were saying that you were ok.

Don't feel bad ok?

honeybee3939
17-01-09, 20:18
Aww Tanya :hugs:

Please dont feel offended, i know others that have been ok too like you hun. Everyones different. Its good that we all post about our own experiences.

Keep posting where all here to help and your advice is most welcome too:yesyes: .
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

tanya 1
17-01-09, 20:23
ah thanks guys i was so worried about giving the wrong advice i felt really bad and felt like crying,i think next time i will think more about the advice im going to give thanks feel better now.
tanya 1 x

honeybee3939
17-01-09, 20:25
:bighug1: :bighug1: <-----for you Tanya xxxxx

tanya 1
17-01-09, 20:28
:bighug1: ah thanks sooo much honeybee x:)

Smiley?
17-01-09, 21:50
Everyone is different. I would have said the same tanya. I missed 3 days worth the other weekend and I did know about it, but it wasn't terrible!
Yes we're meant to take them regularly but they're not out of your system that quick.

freakedout
17-01-09, 23:04
I have missed a couple of citalopram here and there with no noticable effects so would be inclined to say just make sure you get some on Monday and restart them as soon as you can. Having said that I did notice severe withdrawals fairly recently after foolishly quitting Mirtazapine for about 10 days, I wouldn't recommend just stopping them suddenly I was really ill.

I hope that you will be ok as Smiley said they do have a half life so are in your system for a little while.

Freaky

Smiley?
17-01-09, 23:07
Freaky, can I ask.... are you still on Mirtazapine? That's what I am on, that's all!

freakedout
18-01-09, 01:45
Smiley,

Yes I am still on Mirtazapine I think it has been about 2yrs now. Most of the time I dont see the point in taking them because of the lingering depression which is why I tried to quit in October. They really do help me sleep though and give me an otherwise nonexistent appetite so there are some benefits. I think I would sacrifice those benefits though to take an antidepressant that makes me feel less depressed. How do you find them?

Freaky

tanya 1
18-01-09, 12:01
hi pill-popper,
was wondering how youve got on without your medcine or whether you managed to get more ?
hope your ok ?
tanya 1 x:)

Smiley?
18-01-09, 13:53
Freaky,

The Mirtazapine seem to be helping me although have just been signed off work again (after going back too quick i think) as I felt so awful like as if i hadn't been taking them for a week, but i had! Doc has just increased the dose so am on 45mg now. Only 3 days into higher dose so early days yet. But I feel better not being at work at the mo. Feel quite tired again at the mo and sort of shaky - not visible but sort of internal shakiness?? I have had side effects like weight gain and swollen ankles but before this set back i was seeing an improvement mood wise.

I'm not a fan of medication in general and so wish I didn't have to take them but have had to accept that I do need them at the moment.

Smiley

Pill-Popper
18-01-09, 15:06
Thank you all so much for the help & advice :yesyes: really appreciate it!

Awww Tanya :D please don't worry, i was actually glad to see a positive experience, i really appreciated your advice, made me feel less anxious, so thank you too :)

I felt slightly rotten yesterday evening, had a bit of a banging headache, but it wasn't that bad, today i'm feeling slightly better after taking an ibropufen, but put it this way, i cant wait until tommorow lol, hopefully i'll manage to get more medicine!

Thanks again guys! Take care! :flowers:

tanya 1
18-01-09, 20:44
hi pill-popper,
im glad your ok:D
tanya 1 x:)

Cakey
07-09-09, 20:57
Ive made the big mistake of stopping mine and i am starting to see the difference. I still have some but im off to see the doctor tomorrow and I felt they made me more anxious. Whilst I was in hospital i felt ok because i hadnt taken them, i was calm etc but now......OH MY GOOD GOD! I was discharged on Auguset 30th and havent had any since 27th Aug
Its silly i know, but i became frightened that I would become more anxious and my OCD thoughts would go mental and NOW im not taking them they are. Catch 22!