PDA

View Full Version : Finding it hard to breathe

lc7624
17-01-09, 23:24
Has anyone else found that due to the difficulty in breathing when you have had a panic attack, you are conscious all the time of whether you can breathe or not even when you are not having a panic attack?
For me, thinking about whether i can breathe makes me get difficulties in breathing! I have had to leave lectures because i dont feel like i can breathe. A vicious cycle! Any thoughts on how to stop thinking about it? Does anyone else get this?

Lucy xxx

so jems like
18-01-09, 00:05
I totally understand what you are talking about.
When my anxiety was bad, and I was getting panic attacks a lot my breathing was hard. I felt like I was trying to gasp for air at times, and that if I wasn't controlling my breathing, then I would just stop breathing. I would feel my pulse all the time and be aware of my breathing. I got through it by just trying my hardest to get my mind off it. The more you think about it, the more your breathing is going to be difficult. Just simply try to do things you enjoy doing, relax, and do breathing exercises too. Don't breathe from your chest, but from your abdomen. You'll be fine. It took time for me to get over it, but eventually I did, and now I am completely fine again! :)

Hang in there --