PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cancer scare - probably TMI!

agingwuss
18-01-09, 08:29
Hi friends! After some awful months, I felt I'd managed to kick the old HA with the help of some CBT & this board. However, now I feel as bad as ever!
For a week I've has a change in my toilet habits [sorry folks]. My movements have been rather soft & looser than before. I've got myself into a panic about cancer as a good friend had a scare last year - thank the Lord it turned out not to be cancer. I'm still going to the loo regularly as clockwork - between 7am and 8am - and still just once a day. I keep on telling myself that as my movements are certainly not watery, the frequency hasn't changed & there's no feeling of urgency this doesn't count as diahorrea. I'd be most grateful for any feedback from the kind folks here - where else could I ask a question about this stuff! :shrug:

AnnieMags
18-01-09, 13:41
Hello there, I would say you can totally relax! What you describe could be me any morning of the week! :) The consistency is more to do with what we eat - have you recently changed your eating habits, however slightly? More fiber, fruit or veg? Even if you are eating what you have always eaten, based on what you have told us, and certainly in the absence of other symptoms, I would say that you can forget all about colon cancer! Best wishes to you from Annie

Trapped
18-01-09, 14:27
trust me that's fine, i have ibs......

agingwuss
18-01-09, 16:53
Thanks - I'm starting to feel better now. It's really true what they say about HA - when one problem stops the subconcious starts up & finds something else to panic about! The only thing different in my diet is I've started taking Actimel. I wonder if those friendly bacteria are being less than friendly? Has anyone here found this sort of symptom with Actimel?

Trapped
18-01-09, 16:58
isn't that the stuff that SPEEDS up digestive transit?