PDA

View Full Version : Finally succumbed...off sick from work

rgb76
15-01-09, 21:21
:shrug: Hi

I went to the Doctor this morning and she has signed me off for 2 weeks and started me on 10 mg of Citalopram. I haven't had a day off sick for 3+ years but I am physically exhausted with the stress and anxiety and this is turning to depression. It was difficult enough to wait in the waiting room as I was feeling nauseous and slightly unreal.

She advised me to rest, sleep, read a book but not just stay in..to go for walks..very impressed with the Doctor , very supportive. She has said it's my employers' problem not mine as I had told them I was pressured by my workload.

Hope to start feeling better soon. Am also waiting CBT session. On another thread suggetsion givem t o me to try hypnotherapy as I have an issue with talking and being in large groups...might just give it a go..had some hypnotherapy before which did help. How have you managed?Any successes.

Thanks for reading :winks:

Take care

rgb

Adam Thompson
15-01-09, 21:29
you are doing the right thing in taking a break, you need to discuss this with your employer to see if they can give you a solution.

i left my job 2 months ago because of stress, i had worked there 10years but lately it had been pushing me to the limit with increasing workloads and reduced staff, anyway one day it all got too much and i walked.

i feel much better now tho, your health is more important than work so take whatever steps you can to help yourself

adam

Duckie
15-01-09, 22:22
That is great advice and great news.

:hugs:

rgb76
15-01-09, 23:34
Thanks Adam for the advice. Are you working in a different job now or still off? I am relieved I am signed off for 2 weeks so I can hopefully recuperate but as you say my health is more important than the job,

Thanks for your support too Duckie

thanks again

rgb

Adam Thompson
16-01-09, 21:06
Thanks Adam for the advice. Are you working in a different job now or still off? I am relieved I am signed off for 2 weeks so I can hopefully recuperate but as you say my health is more important than the job,

Thanks for your support too Duckie

thanks again

rgb

no unfortunately i havent been able to find anything as yet, theres plenty of low paid jobs around but having worked at the same place since i left school im trying to aim a bit higher, try to find something that wont add to my anxiety. im not willing to compromise my health anymore.

g`luk

rgb76
17-01-09, 16:33
I agree Adam, you have to find something that won't add to your anxiety and health worries. I wonder if it's like taking a wrong turn down a dead-end road and then you have to stop and find the right road i.e. a different job?

Best wishes

rgb