PDA

View Full Version : need some advice please long post sorry x

charlish74
18-01-09, 11:32
hi i havent been on here for a while,some things have changed since i last was on i thought i would post an up date.well firstly i didnt have a panic or anxiety attack for about 4 weeks but then some thing else happend i got an ambulance out as i fell down the stairs im fine nothing broken:yesyes: but then i got the urge to call another ambulance out a few days later for stomach pains again i was ok then it sort of became a habit so to speak nothing to do with panic attacks but i kept getting one to come out i found my self sort of faking illness i think the problem was they kept giving me gas and air like what you have when your in labour. any way my husband worked it out what i was doing he didnt say anything at first then it all came out i told him i was faking it although i have to admit i do suffer ibs ect.. so it was out i felt better for talking about it. then saturday i called one again i got to hospital and bang huge panic attack i cryed i felt strange hot like i was going to die i got a doctor who didnt speak very good english i said god please help i going out of my mind i need a diazepam now please it was bad at this piont he gave me one 30 mins later 2mg it didnt really work i normally have 5mg although i didnt have any as i didnt need them. so i got home crying i felt unreal. it didnt help when the doctor said im checking you havent had a heart attack god that made it worse i said look i have just had a panic attack although i dont get the chest pains.any way i got home i felt shakey on edge i thought to my self this is pay back for lying all those times before . i was ok but i still feel on edge my stomach feels full of butterflys 2 days later im so fed up now that has scared the hell out of me i think in some way it needed to happen as its put me of hospitals now:blush: why did i feel the need to keep calling an ambulance was it because they were so nice it had nothing to do with them calming me down as i wasnt having panic attacks ect or was it a form of attention i dont know has any one gone through anything like this why do i still feel on edge? i have had temazepam at nite im on propanonol and citalapram they were working great i dont get what made me do it any advice welcome xxx

Dominic1975
18-01-09, 11:38
Hi

Sorry to here you had a bad panic attack..... Im no doctor, but it does sound like you enjoyed the attention of the ambulence staff coming out... Maybe you are feeling lonely or un-noticed at home?
Or maybe everytime you felt un-well you liked the reasurrance that the medical staff gave you, that everything was fine?
It difficult to know why we do things, isnt it.....

charlish74
18-01-09, 11:47
i know but because of my stupidness i had a massive panic attack anxiety attack and 2 days later still on edge how stupid maybe i needed this to happen to put a stop to it as i know the hospital dont really do much for panic attacks although once i had a doctor who gave me diazepam at the hospital i felt great he gave it to me incase i had a panic attack but all doctors are different arnt they

valleybear
18-01-09, 14:10
Hi Charlish..Think this is less attention seeking than security/safety seeking. My stays (although relatively few) in hospital always made me feel safer as there was help on hand. I once called ambulance cos of severe panic attack and chest pains....by time it came I felt fine and an idiot. My Dr agreed to give me 5 single Valium for emergency and just having them there is a great help. My antidepressant and propanalol don' seem to have much effect on panic attacks. Hope you feeling better.