PDA

View Full Version : Negative thinking

april tones
18-01-09, 11:40
Didnt know where to post this but i am having alot of negative thoughts and want to get out of it!!!
Im due to give birth for 2nd time in 5 weeks and keep thinking what if something goes wrong? what if they make me have drugs for some reason and i react to them,what if i bleed to death? what if i die and never seee my 1st born again, feel sad about saying bye when go to give birth!
I talked to my fiance and he said god you need to stop thinking all bad things, its all bad thing, it is, whats wrong with me!
Any tips?
I have always battled mental health but have got thru worse times, ocd,anxiety,panic,agrophbic,depression, pnd, u name it i have had lol xx

NervousNellie
18-01-09, 15:49
I went through the exact same thing when I had my second child, and at that time I didn't even suffer from anxiety!!! So I would say that what you are going through is absolutely, 100% normal, even for a person without anxiety!!!

The only way that I got through it was that I trusted my doctor. I knew that he had already done a c-section on me and he knew my body better than I did (after all, he rearranged my intestines to take out a baby, lol)!! I explained my worries to him and told him to take care of me because I now have 2 babies to take care of!! He really did a great job of reassuring me and it turned out to be one of the best experiences in my life, even though I was going through major surgery!! I had no problems, I recovered quickly and went home after 2 nights in the hospital.

I know that these negative thoughts are tough to handle, but I've heard it so many times with moms that are having a second child. It doesn't affect you the same way with your first child, but when you are having your second, there's already a child at home that needs you. I don't think that what you're experiencing is a part of anxiety, I think it's normal for a 2nd pregnancy....and it's also an indication that you're a great mom!! :hugs:

april tones
18-01-09, 18:51
Aww thanks! I know its horrible, some people just dont understand unless they have suffered with mental health problems or they are a parent! I feel like i always have to be in control and a bit of ocd really is involved, i can see pattern and what i do but cant do much about it apart from try keep stress levels down, using rescue remedy too, i have always tried everythink i can to beat anxiety, most time i can deal with it and know at time i will be fone, its just the thinking thing which is horrible isnt it! like torturing self with thoughts xx

NervousNellie
18-01-09, 21:33
I torture myself with my own thoughts every day! If I could just stop thinking, life would be great!! Everything that you're thinking about is very normal in your situation. So don't feel guilty or worry about it - you're having a normal reaction, whether you have any type of anxiety or not! It's really hard not to worry, but you'll be fine! You've already done this once before!

april tones
19-01-09, 10:21
Thank you! i am feeling alot better but is times when i think and my stomach churns and feel sick and need loo, but sometimes i can think yeah i have done this, i have to do this, life is about risks and what is my purpose in life, or rather what do i love about life and couldnt be with out! my kids,!love,partner, family!xx