PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Jacky109abc
07-07-05, 21:49
Hello everybody!
Heres a brief intro about myself.

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks which stems from a dark depression i had in my late teens,after my mother died.
I cannot leave my house alone because of my anxiety,over the last few years i have lost many friends,i suppose i changed into a recluse and they were not sure how to deal with it. Now i feel i am losing the one friend i have left (im beginning to sense her getting fed up with helping me shop etc,she has been a godsend over the years but i suppose there is only so much she can do)and im scared,terrified infact!! as i cannot do anything for myself anymore.
I watch everybody getting on with their lives and im stuck here at home not being able to acheive anything.
The medications i was prescribed made all worse for me,i know they work for some but unfortunatly i couldnt live with the side effects,i felt even worse on them so that isnt an option for me.
Ive decided to try omega 3 and a vitamin b complex and see how i get on with that,ill let you know how i get on with it.

Just want to say what a great forum this is and its a fantastic support network you have here,i hope i can help others too..God i wished id found this place years ago!

Anyway theres a bit about me for now.

See you,:) Jacky

florence
07-07-05, 22:07
Hi Jacky

Welcome to the forum..
Sorry to hear about your mum, must have been very difficult for you.
Sounds like you suffer from agoraphobia, horrible, huh.
You'll definitely have loads of support here, and have new friends.
Anti-depressants don't always work..omega 3 and b complex are very good for you, so even if you don't feel the benefit from it, it certainly won't do any harm. Omega 3 is excellent for your heart, so its worth taking.
Looking forward to hear from you soon and maybe meet you in the chat room :).

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

clickaway
07-07-05, 22:23
Great that you have found us Jacky, and so welcome.

Seems that you have been through the mill a lot, and I can relate to much of what you say with regard to how normal people can get on with life and you can't.

Have you seen your GP about a referral of some kind. I was referred to an Occupational Therapist as I had, and still have, problems with everyday house stuff.

Also, counselling and/or therapy should help too.

I think you'll soon realise that its possible to make friends on here - OK, they may not be like neighbours in real life, but I really think they'll alleviate some of the pain.

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Meg
07-07-05, 22:39
Jacky,

The No Panic telephone recovery programme is a good place to start both for its effect plus the companionship , plus we'll help you through it.

Maxine's cbt progress. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2308)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Jacky109abc
08-07-05, 00:26
Thank u all so much for replying!
Its such a comfort to find others to communicate with who can truly understand and relate to how im feeling!

In answer to your question Ray about any referals from my GP,yes i was referred for some CBT but unfortunatly i was at such a low point at the time that i couldnt face leaving my home or any new faces! I so wish id forced myself but i feel so alien to the outside world its just all too much for me to cope with.Im hoping that when i start taking the omega 3 and vit b it will help take the edge of my panic a little so i can make another appointment with my doc and talk through some options with her.I like the idea of an occupational therapist to help me get used to reality again,ill suggest that to her,thank u!

I will check out the telephone recovery programme too,thank u meg!And thank u Florence for your kind words!Im also looking forward to checking out the chat room!

Thank u & Take care :)

Jacky

Karen
08-07-05, 00:49
Welcome to the forum Jacky.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
08-07-05, 08:59
Hi Jacky

Welcome aboard

MANDIE XX

melanie
08-07-05, 09:56
HI jacky
i wondered if you have tried kalms or the rescue remecy you get from the chemist they are supposed to be really good.
i hope you are having a good day.
mel xx[^]

melanie

tony
08-07-05, 13:06
welcome jacky to this great site
tony

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

leo05
08-07-05, 13:55
hi jacky

well come to the site

feel free to pm me anytime

leanne [8D]

Piglet
08-07-05, 14:28
Welcome Jacky - hope to see you in the chatroom sometime.

Love Piglet

denise84
08-07-05, 17:54
hi and welcome! i also suffer from panic attacks and anxiety, i cant leave the house alone but im lucky to have such supportive friends and family and of course my husband(very shortly). i dont know how i would cope without them. hope your med works and good luck! x.

dmcgovern

pips
08-07-05, 18:00
Hi Jacky,

So sorry you have had a tough time of it hun.

A BIG WARM welcome to the site i do hope it helps you on your road to recovery.

Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me anytime(details under my name) If you want to chat any time. Don't be lonley.[8)]

Take care, ;)

Love PIP'S X X

nomorepanic
08-07-05, 19:19
Jacky

A bit warm welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help to you.

May catch you in chat sometime too.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

clickaway
09-07-05, 13:36
Jacky,

My GP just referred me to the local Community Mental Health Team. Eventually I was assessed by that team who decided what kind of help I needed.

I think they gave me an occupational therapist as I was having severe problems in doing any sort of chores.

I also have a psychotherapist, whom I pay for, but that's not the best solution for everyone.

There are some telephone based CBT courses, such as those run by No Panic, and so these may also be worthing pursuing. Some agoraphobics on this site have done well from them.

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

sal
09-07-05, 22:53
Hi Jacky

Welcome to the forum hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

jill
10-07-05, 23:56
Hi Jacky

Welcome to the site.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Jacky109abc
13-07-05, 20:20
Just wanted to say thank you all for replying!:D

Ive been taking the omega 3 and vitamin b 6 since the end of last week(around the time i first posted)..anyway i managed to take my son down to the local park on saturday afternoon,this is something i havnt done for a very long time!!I did feel anxious tte whole time but managed to work through it. Im not sure if this is down to the supplements ive been taking or maybe the positive thoughts about this website but it lifted me up!..Havnt felt up to doing it again yet but its a start! Ive also been ill with the flu this week so this isnt helping much [Sigh...]

Thanks all!

nomorepanic
13-07-05, 21:11
Well done on making it to the park. That is a great step forward for you.

I am sure when you are ready you will do it again so good luck.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
13-07-05, 21:47
Thats great Jacky.

Well done for doing it and do make a huge effort to do it again as soon as you're over the flu.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?